We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Trip

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Silver Spring...
1 post
Save Topic
Couples Trip

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are doing a short weekend trip to Virginia Beach this Saturday through Monday and are looking for things to do. We are obviously going to hit the beach, but would like to have other suggestions, especially for a nicer, quiet restaurant (we are both mid 20's with no kids so we try to avoid really family oriented things).

Any suggestions for activities or restaurants? We are staying at a B&B so breakfasts are taken care of.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,833 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Trip

I see this is your first post, so maybe you aren't familiar with some of the features of TA that might answer your question. First, look at the Top Questions about Virginia Beach in the box to the right. There is a question about things to do besides go to the beach. Also the question about what to do if it rains has suggestions for other activities. Second, the little search box just above this thread will link you to past discussions about restaurants. If you type in "restaurant" you'll get TOO much, so try narrowing it. For example, "Italian restaurant," "romantic restaurant," "Mexican," "oceanfront restaurant," etc.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Trip

Restaurant Suggestions:

On the Water:

Bubba's: Casual restaurant right on the Back Bay. Good menu, good seafood.

Shellfish Company: Right next to Bubba's. Small outdoor bar, patio right on the water. Appetizer menu with fresh seafood. Excellent place to have a drink and enjoy the view before heading to Bubba's.

Waterman's: Casual, fun restaurant right on the boarwalk. Famous Orange Crush Drinks. Can be very busy on the weekend.

One Fish Two Fish: Upscale, cool atmosphere.

Off the Water:

Tautog's: Set in a historic beach cottage a block off the beach. Great food, in a laid back atmosphere. Cool bar area.

Terrapin: Upscale. Good food.

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Trip

My favorite restaurant on the beach is Eat, at 40th & Atlantic:

http://www.eatbistro.net/

Nice adult atmosphere, fabulous food.

4. Re: Couples Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach