We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
car rental

We are arriving from WAshington DC via train in Newport News, then bus to Virginia Beach. We need to pick up a car near the bus station. Could anyone tell me a car rental close to the station? Thank you very much.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

Enterprise on Laskin Road is close.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,372 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

Do realize the bus station is an open area stop with a couple of covered standing areas in case of rain...but very small. It is pretty much out in the open. It is surrounded on three sides by large parking lots; on the fourth is a church. Roads are four lanes but with street crossing lights and cross walks (zebra crossings). There is no staff, no building, no restroom. Go to 19th and Pacific in VB on google maps to get a sense of it. Grab that little gold figure by your zoom in feature and drag him to that corner to have a look around.

But you won't be in the middle of nowhere. You can walk just one block east and you'll be at the front of the oceanfront hotels and various shops. There are several places to eat a block or two from the bus stop. I wouldn't want to be carrying very much in the way of luggage.

Do you have plans for your hotel? You could utilize the handy Atlantic Avenue Wave bus if your hotel is not near the bus stop.

I wonder if the car rental would bring the car to your hotel?

As Wendy said Enterprise is close. You might give them a call.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

Enterprise advertises they will pick you up. Calling ahead is a good idea.

Toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental

I realized nothing. We are actually renting a home south of VB so we need a car upon arrival. Really appreciate the information so we can make plans accordingly. Thanks so much!

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental

Why don't you pickup the rental car in Newport News? That would cut out having to deal with the bus, and would make things faster and easier...

Toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental

That's what we are doing as it turns out. Thank you very much for the advice!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,372 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car rental

Oh, my, yes. You're a bit of a distance from your final destination. I wonder if you mean Sandbridge in VB...or if you literally mean, say, NC's Outer Banks which is south of VB's outer banks. Either way...yes, a car in NN is probably the idea. Let us know how it all turns out for you.

8. Re: car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, July 12, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach