We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Labor Day 1/2 marathon

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lynchburg, Virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for Labor Day 1/2 marathon

I have registered for the Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon in Va Beach Labor Day weekend and am looking for a hotel. Trying to avoid paying $1000 for the 3 night minimum and called RCI points, of which I am a member. The only availability they have are hotel stays at Ramada Limited (good location for the race but the reviews make it sound like a dump!), HoJo Express (Shore Drive and better reviews but not great) and Coutryard by Marriott (Greenwich -which if I remember correctly is out near Chesapeake). What's your advice as I don't want to stay in a complete dump but also don't want to have to travel 30 minutes for a 7am race.

Many thanks!!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Labor Day 1/2 marathon

Have you checked on: rnrhalf.com/home.html

There's an 'official' list of hotels with 'special' rates, complete with descriptions of the accommodations.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,844 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Labor Day 1/2 marathon

You want a hotel on Atlantic or Pacific - Shore Drive (and any place else, for that matter) is just too far out of the way. I just looked at the list of sponsoring hotels, and of course the best are on there. Try Cutty Sark (small family-run older place but well-kept) or Quality Inn & Suites. After that check with the Viking, Belvedere, and Thunderbird (all have VERY mixed reviews but you might get lucky).

Lynchburg, Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for Labor Day 1/2 marathon

Thank you!

Salisbury, MD
Level Contributor
4 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for Labor Day 1/2 marathon

If you want to be near the main stage and end of the race, you'll want to stay on Atlantic on the lower numbered streets. You basically can't drive around that weekend, so you want to be able to walk most places. Some where lower than 20th would be ideal.