We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to VB having some hotel trouble

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
First time to VB having some hotel trouble

we have been considering a trip to VB this summer (I know I am a little late but things have been hectic :))

I am having some trouble finding the right hotel, the right size room at the right price.

Here's our backstory, we are a family of 5, 2 adults 3 teen children,we have been to MB three times and really liked it alot. We went to OC Maryland last year and enjoyed it, but still liked MB better as there was more to do. Althought the short drive to OC vs MB from NY was certainly appreciated.So now we want to give VB a shot.

But many of the suites seems really expensive ($400 range)and there doesn't seem to be alot of discounts offered.

I am willing to go around $300.

We like a resort type hotel thats has alot of activity going on, close to the action etc.

For example the Holiday Inn North seems nice but is it worth $400 a night for a one bedroom, in MB I was able to get a 2 bedroom, 2 bath on the water, for $300 per night

sorry for the long post any help guidance is appreciated......

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First time to VB having some hotel trouble

Kimmyann, so glad you enjoyed yourself:)

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
374 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First time to VB having some hotel trouble

I'm not sure if it would be in your budget range or not, but you might try to Ocean Beach Club. You can get a 2 BR suite (which is really 2 suites, one average size and one tiny) put together. The tiny suite has only a queen bed. The other larger suite would have a queen and a pullout. That might be an option for you.

Georgetown, KY
Level Contributor
55 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First time to VB having some hotel trouble

Ijust booked at Ocean Sands Resort, which is ocean front on Va Beach. Thru Expedia. It is in your price range.

14. Re: First time to VB having some hotel trouble

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach