We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Breakfast in Virginia Beach?

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
84 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Best Breakfast in Virginia Beach?

Can anyone please let me know where my mother and I can get a good breakfast or brunch? Thanks. -T.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,372 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Breakfast in Virginia Beach?

For breakfast:

Big Sam's (at Rudee Inlet) http://www.bigsamsrawbar.com/photos.htm Fab view of the inlet.

Pocahantas Pancakes, which has more than pancakes. It does close about 1 p.m. and it's open 7 days a week. Portions are good as are prices. And check out the gourmet/seasonal/veggie and heart healthy touches marked with a heart, shrimp and crabmeat omelet, Blue crab omelet seasonally, pastrami omelet, fresh seasonal fruit, turkey bacon and sausage if you like, pitas, salads, espresso, cappuccino, cafe mocha, special blend teas and coffees, white grape juice, pineapple juice, etc.etc. There's lots for everyone. Here's their info for address and menu and lots of photos: http://www.pocahontaspancakes.com/

Doc Taylor's, breakfast and lunch in a historic beach cottage, formerly a doctor's home office. Good ol' fashioned prices. (Next door is the wonderful Tautog's also in a historic cottage)

Mary's, another long time VB fixture. Get the Early Bird Breakfast Special for $2.99. Here are tempting photos and prices. Take home a homemade pie: http://marys-restaurant.com/

Maryland
Level Contributor
84 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Breakfast in Virginia Beach?

Wow! Thanks explorer3!

Va Bch
Level Contributor
73 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Breakfast in Virginia Beach?

The Belvedere Coffee Shop that is located at the Belvedere Hotel. It is a small retro type diner. Small booths and counter seating. The food is awesome!! Best Patty Melts in Va Beach!!

Maryland
Level Contributor
84 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Breakfast in Virginia Beach?

So MANY good options to choose from that come highly recommended! Trip Advisor reviewers are either very generous or VB has some outstanding food. Can't wait to find out! Definitely going to The Belvedere Coffee Shop! Mom would love it.

Rockville, MD
Level Contributor
2 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Breakfast in Virginia Beach?

Doc TayLor's was very good. I liked the homey atmosphere but I was not there I during tourist season when there might be lines to get in. The coffee was the best!!

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Breakfast in Virginia Beach?

My top 2:

Doc Taylor's (fun brunch atmosphere)

Citrus (nice dinerISH atmosphere)

If its a weekend during the peak season, expect a wait at both places as they are very popular. Both serve Bloodys and Mimosas to keep you occupied. Doc's has $2 Bloodys/ Mimosas, and Citrus uses fresh squeezed juices for their mimosas...

Edited: 11:33 pm, April 14, 2012
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Breakfast in Virginia Beach?

I must echo Doc Taylor's and Mary's Restaurant..... Doc's is kinda hidden on the resort strip area - great food and location....see TripAdvisor reviews. Mary's is a few blocks off the resort strip, but food and prices can't be beat. Frequented by locals and military personnel; so that tell's you its good and at a good price. Again check out reviews on TA for details.

Maryland
Level Contributor
84 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Breakfast in Virginia Beach?

Thank you! We will be going to Doc's and Mary very soon. Been to the Belvedere and Pocahontas already which were very good. Reviews soon to follow - T

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
10 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Breakfast in Virginia Beach?

Tania,

One other already mentioned Citrus, and I would echo their statement. It is very popular and the wiat can exceed an hour or more depending on the time of morning you get there on the weekends. Mimosas are absolutely fabulous! I'm not a huge bloody mary fan, but they have one that is made w/ Bacon Vodka which is pretty darn tasty!

10. Re: Best Breakfast in Virginia Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:40 am, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach