We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island across from VA Beach?

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Island across from VA Beach?

Does anyone know about the island across from VA Beach? My husband and I were looking at a bed and breakfast in Cape Charles and driving over for a day to enjoy Virginia Beach. Any info would be great!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,471 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island across from VA Beach?

There's a peninsula that comes down with Cape Charles at the tip. Rt.13 and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge - Tunner takes you on south to Virginia Beach on the Chesapeake Bay. You T into Rt. 60 and can take that around to Virginia Beach's Atlantic Ocean beaches.

Virginia Beach, VA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Island across from VA Beach?

One quick note to add to the previous reply, just so you aren't surprised... The Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel costs $12 each way, or $12 the first trip across and $5 on the trip back if you complete the trip in a 24-hour period and have your receipt. Another tidbit, the peninsula isn't THAT wide near Cape Charles, so you can actually see the sun both rise and set "over water" in the same day with just a simple drive if you want. :) Cape Charles and Virginia Beach are both beautiful, I hope you enjoy your trip.

Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach
Recent Conversations