We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got back

Pa
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
just got back

My family and I just got back from a wonderful trip to VB.All of the advise on this forum helped.If anyone would like to ask me any questions from a tourist point of view I would be glad to help.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just got back

OK -- I'm dying to know: did you go to the Haunted House? LOL!

Pa
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just got back

yes wendy i did it wasn't worth the 5 bucks but the kids enjoyed it.we all had a great time vb was great.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: just got back

HI Mom....I am thinking of going to Virginia Beach this August. We would love to camp in this area if possible and go to the ocean to swim. Also what is there to do there, I have never been there? I believe there is a boardwalk and some great restaurants as well! What ever info you can share would be most appreciated ....Thanks Phil

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
519 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: just got back

I am 20 and I went into the Haunted House and got a little scared..He He.. I went the day before Halloween.. Which one did you go in, there is 2. There is one around 18th street and another around 25th street... I went in the one on 25th street...

Pa
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just got back

to photophil yes there is a boardwalk it runs about 2-3 miles long right along the beach.you can rent bikes to ride ect.also along alantic ave there is so many stores and places to eat you can't see it all in one day.at 6pm everynight they have part of the street turned into beachstreet usa which is so fun they have alot of music all different types and it is free.they also have movie night next to the beach and show a different movie everynight which is nice to be outside watching a movie while sitting on the grass.they have dolphine watching where you can take a boat out for about 2 hrs.there is so much to do.also places to eat everytype of food you can thing of.not to bad on price.and if you like to go out there were some great clubs to go to.if you want more info just let me know

Pa
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just got back

haysmom i think i went to the one on 25th street called the haunted mansion.i didn't end up going to the other one.

lancaster
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: just got back

We are going to VB next week with a 5 year old, it sounds like we won't be short of things to do. Has anyone gone to the marine center? I have seen it on internet advertisements for entertainment in VB and it sounds wonderful. I am just wondering if it lives up to the internet hype?

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just got back

To "fromPA" - I've never met anyone who didn't like the Marine Science Center. Usually even people who hate museums like this place. The people who work there are not just minimum-wage employees; they are experts involved in all aspects of wildlife and beach ecosystems. If there is a stranded dolphin, you can believe there will be people from the Marine Science Center on hand to offer assistance. You can trust that this place is both educational and fun.

Silver Creek, New...
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just got back

FromPA:

Altho our family is grown and we are now "empty-nesters" (admittedly, a fact my husband laments considerably more than I!), we did spend some enjoyable time at the marine center this past April. There were many, many interactive activities for the kids......and I didn't do too badly when I tried them out either!

We also had fun watching the otters play & the pool of stringrays........it was time well spent.....5 years old or 55 years old.

Have a great vacation with your little one..... :)

philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: just got back

did you guys have to show id to get int othe park