We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

virginia beach for the 1st time

va beach
9 posts
Save Topic
virginia beach for the 1st time

Well, we don't have the big amusement park on the boardwalk, but I've been to OC and We are just a slightly smaller scale. There is plenty to do, trust me. There is a wonderful water park, Ocean Breeze, right up the road that you could spend a whole day there a do plenty of good "people watching!" There is also motor world next door for amusements and go kart riding. In the same area, is the Va. marine science museum, which is really cool. Large tanks etc.... If you feel like venturing to williamsburg, about 45 min.s, there is busch gardens and tons of other stuff. there is live entertainment up and down the boardwalk area nightly in the summer, and fireworks a few nights a week. Check out vbfun.com, and you should find the schedule's on that site. Lynnhaven mall is the closest mall about 12 minutes, and there are also several stip shops throughout. The mall is owned by simon. I am sure you will find lots to do, pick a bench on the boardwalk, 3 miles, you should see some wonderful people!

New York City
Level Contributor
478 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: virginia beach for the 1st time

Do you know of any good clean hotels that have suites? Is doesn't have to be oceanfront just near the beach. thanks

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: virginia beach for the 1st time

DramaQueen, try the Marjac. Or check www.vbhma.com and click on Accomodations.

Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach