We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood - Where do you locals go?

Virginia
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood - Where do you locals go?

Okay, I'd like to get some of you locals' opinions of the best seafood restaurant(s) in town. I'll be coming at the end of June and already know about Captain George's, but I wanted to see if you all know and love any lesser known but equally good (or better) seafood in the Virginia Beach area.

It doesn't have to be buffet, and am somewhat interested in an outdoor dining experience somewhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Fraser, Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Seafood - Where do you locals go?

If you want REAL local seafood go to Mediterranean Ave about 19th street, you will find a local fresh raw bar on the NW side. Go in and order whatever you want fresh, they will steam it for you. you can even eat in, a waitress will bring you cold drinks. it's the best in town and I've been going there since '77 and love Rudees and the Lighthouse (torn down sadly) but this is the best I've found. not much atmosphere, but who cares if you are a died in the wool seafood lover.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Seafood - Where do you locals go?

In response to Baybay re: Duck Inn -- scheduled to close and make way for condos. Boo Hoo

Suffolk, VA
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Seafood - Where do you locals go?

Baybay: The Duck Inn is gone.

Thank goodness and good riddance. Their gazebo was very pretty but their food was very greasy, the place smelled bad, and the service was terrible..

North Carolina
8 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Seafood - Where do you locals go?

I would say that Lynnhaven Fish House, Harpoon Larry's and Hot Tuna are all my favorites. Although I haven't lived there in a few years, I still visit quite frequently.

Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach