We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Residence inn is best?

Which Tysons Corner hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland,OH
Level Contributor
11 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Which Residence inn is best?

Hi I am looking to stay in Tysons Corner for DC sightseeing.....There are two residence inns located there Residence inn and Residence inn tysons corner mall. Can anyone recommend which is best?

2 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Residence inn is best?

Neither hotel is going to be good for DC sightseeing, as neither provides good access to public transportation and as the traffic into D.C. from Tyson's Corner is terrible. If you don't need to stay in Tyson's Corner for your visit, I'd urge you to look elsewhere. If you post in the Washington D.C. forum with your planned dates of stay, number of beds you'll need, and budget (including parking and internet if you'll want those things), someone should be able to give you better recommendation than on this forum, which is less frequently visited.

But if you must stay at one of these two hotels, I think the Residence Inn Tyson's Corner Mall is going to be the better choice based on location (with the caveat that I've not stayed in either hotel). I say that because it is walking distance to at least a few restaurant choices, while the other location is tucked in the back end of a business park near several car dealerships.

Cleveland,OH
Level Contributor
11 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Residence inn is best?

Thank you for your response. I actually decided after more contemplation that Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield or Residence Inn Fairfax City would be better suited. We can then hop on the orange line and ride on in. Both are nearby and far less congested as you noted. I read some forums a quickly learned Tysons Corner was not where we wanted to be. Do you have an opinion on the other two locations? We also chose this location because we do not like to be in the city.... We are also there two weekend days so we will drive in on those days or park for free at Dunn Loring and ride in.

Edited: 1:40 pm, July 23, 2013
Reply to: Which Residence inn is best?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tysons Corner