We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rehearsal Dinner in Suffolk

RTP
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rehearsal Dinner in Suffolk

Anyone know of any restaurants or locations that would be nice? We are going to have around 60 guests.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Suffolk

Suffolk isn't exactly broken out with restaurants. What about the Planters Club? Of course, you would need a caterer for that since it isn't a restaurant. Same idea with the Obici House.

Depending on where you are in Suffolk, you might check out Smithfield - the Smithfield Inn or Smithfield Station would be able to accomodate your party.

Virginia Beach
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Suffolk

Hi, came across your blog while googling possible sites to host my upcoming fall rehearsal dinner in Suffolk. Where did you end up doing yours? Any suggestions?

Suffolk, VA
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Suffolk

A bit late for Jason, but for future reference you might want to check out The Vintage Tavern, part of Governot's Pointe off of Rte. 17 or TerraCotta, part of the Harbourview development. In downtown, people have used The Main St. Jazz Club (new chef!). Primo, an Italian restaurant, is great, but I'm not sure about handling 60 guests. The Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts also has space and is affiliated with caterers.

Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Suffolk

Is anyone familiar with the Planters Club? How many people will it hold (I saw the website said 140 but wasn't sure if it would actually hold more?) Can you still fit a dance floor and food tables with 140 people?

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Suffolk

There is a dance floor. It's been several years since I've been to the Planters Club, and my recollection is that it was rather small. There were several connected rooms. The bride had the food in one room, and the tables and dancing in another. It helped that the weather was nice and people overflowed to the great outdoors. My gut feeling is 140 would be tight if you were having a sit-down meal PLUS dancing. But please don't hold me to that -- you might just want to trek out there and check it out yourself.

6. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Suffolk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Suffolk