We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near McAfee Knob

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
120 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near McAfee Knob

Hello,

We are planning to take a weekend trip to hike the McAfee Knob trail.

http://www.hikingupward.com/jnf/McAfeeKnob/

Are there hotels nearby that you would recommend?

Thank you.

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near McAfee Knob

The Hotel Roanoke is downtown roanoke, not that far of a drive, very historic and very nice hotel. I have stayed there, very comfortable and I love the history.

I think this trail head is close to the Hollins exit off I-81, there is a Fairfield Inn and Country Inn and Hampton inn all near that exit. Never stayed there but they are rated on trip advisor.

Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
156 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near McAfee Knob

Actually the hotels in Salem at I-81 exits 137 and 141 are much closer to the McAfee Knob area. There are a number of chain hotels at those two exits, which would be a very short drive to your hike. I personally wouldn't choose Hotel Roanoke for this particular trip--nothing at all against HR, just wouldn't want to be that far away from my destination if I didn't have to be. Hollins area is further away, too.

If you stay in or near Salem, eat at Mac&Bob's while you are there. Good selections and a 'sports bar' type of atmosphere.

3. Re: Hotels near McAfee Knob

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 10, 2015