We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Anyone suggest day trip from Roanoke VA (Max 4hrs away)

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Can Anyone suggest day trip from Roanoke VA (Max 4hrs away)

I want to take my mom a short day trips Aug 21-28 but she can't sit for more than 4hrs - 4.5 max in a car and can not walk much once she is there. Open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Salem, VA
Level Contributor
324 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Anyone suggest day trip from Roanoke VA (Max 4hrs away)

What are your mom's interests? There's a lot to do within a 4 hour radius of Roanoke. Knowing her interests might help narrow down some of the suggestions.

NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Destination Expert
for Hampton, Newport News
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can Anyone suggest day trip from Roanoke VA (Max 4hrs away)

The Virginia Tourism website (Virginia.org) is an excellent resource for events and short trips. For example, I plugged in both the Shenandoah Valley Region and Aug 21-28 for musical events and was given everything from Bluegrass to Jazz to Big Band and more within a short drive from Roanoke:

virginiatourism.info/site/content.asp…

You might also find the Virginia Accessibilty Guide to be quite useful:

http://www.accessiblevirginia.org

I hope you both have a fabulous week! :-)

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can Anyone suggest day trip from Roanoke VA (Max 4hrs away)

Explore NN had a good suggestion and made me think of how much I enjoyed a visit to Floyd Va for their Friday Night Music. It's only a scenic hour drive from Roanoke, you can park in one of the lots near the Country Store, pay $5 admission and experience great local musicians and cloggers for hours. They are even on the street singing and playing. Get there early for a seat in the Country Store.

4. Re: Can Anyone suggest day trip from Roanoke VA (Max 4hrs away)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, June 16, 2013