We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Roanoke

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
3 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Roanoke

My wife and I will be in Roanoke for one evening for an upcoming weekend. Considering staying at the Hotel Roanoke although thought about the Maridor B&B in the Grandin Village area. Any comments on either?

Looking for a nice place for dinner. Locally owned a must; more quiet than loud; smaller than big; good food and wine. I read about the Library and Rockfish. Suggestions?

Northern Virginia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Roanoke

I've stayed at both - would recommend Hotel Roanoke. Maridor B&B is nice but doesn't have all the modern amenities (old baths, no TV).

Had a recent dinner at Rockfish - excellent with very good wine list.

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
3 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Roanoke

Thanks. Made a reservation at Hotel Roanoke. Looking forward to the visit.

Lynchburg, VA
Level Contributor
496 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Roanoke

You shouldn't be disappointed with the Hotel Roanoke. My husband and I have stayed there nearly a dozen times, and each time has been great. If you are coming in the next month or so make time to walk through the hotel and see all the different Christmas trees on display.

As for dinner I can't speak for the Library or Rockfish (sorry). If you are looking for something smaller, than I wouldn't eat in the Hotel Roanoke. Their food is very good, but it's a large dining room. Perhaps you can look into two downtown restaurants: Metro (www.metroroanoke.com), and a new place: 202 Market (www.202market.net). I haven't had a chance to eat at either yet, but I have heard great things about both.

4. Re: Coming to Roanoke

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, September 14, 2009