We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bare Boat Charters

California
Level Contributor
35,295 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Bare Boat Charters

A group of 8 of us are planning our New Zealand sail trip for 2013. (Thanks Zapper for your suggestions to me)

We have narrowed down the dates and now we are searching for boat companies. We have sailed quite a bit and have used Moorings and Sunsail the most. Moorings have quoted us a price as has a local company called Sail Connections. One time we sailed around the Greek Islands with a smaller company and the boat wasn't up to the standards of Sunsail. We are concerned about this in New Zealand, but gosh Sail Connection's prices for the week are $2000 less than Moorings. Is this a case of "you get what you pay for"? Does anyone have experience with Sail Connections or can they offer other charter companies I should investigate?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bare Boat Charters

I just returned from a weeks sailing in the Bay of Islands - we hired 2 yachts (between 14 people) with Fairwind Charters in Opua - the boats were pretty good - and everything seemed to work out ok - no idea how the prices compare though.... (also I am not really a 'sailor' - just part of the carry on baggage!)

2. Re: Bare Boat Charters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bay of Islands