We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Kaanapalli resort Villas

Chatham, New...
13 posts
Save Topic
Westin Kaanapalli resort Villas

We are planning to go to Westin Kaanapalli resort Villas. I read that it costs $100/day to rent the beach chairs. Is that correct? Is that resort worth going? I will be going with 6 and 8 yr old kids. I have read a lot of negative reviews about it.

Blue Maui Ocean Adventures
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
West Maui Parasail
Parasailing & Paragliding
UFO Parasail
Parasailing & Paragliding
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Kaanapalli resort Villas

Aloha Anjali,

I'm not sure what the cost for chair rental is currently, but I definitely enjoyed my stay there with my wife and 6 year old. It's quite unique - condo style accommodations, but full service hotel. The main pool is great and the kids will love the pool water slide. We bought our food at safeway in Lahaina and used the Barbeques on site

The grounds and beach area are very nice. It is a higher end property so parking, rentals, restaurant and pool bar, etc will be on the expensive side.

It is also a time share property, but we never got approached or found anything annoying.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
59,697 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Kaanapalli resort Villas

Aloha,

I think you are confusing private beach cabanas with beach chairs.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,671 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Kaanapalli resort Villas

We own at the Villas and love it..2 weeks every year.

The pool cabanas *may* be $100 but the beach chairs are not, if I remember correctly they are about $20...sorry we just lay our towels on the sand and enjoy the water.

I would love to see these negative reviews...I read every single one. 44 negative reviews against 800 or more excellent ones is not bad odds!

Go and enjoy!

Blackwood, New...
Level Contributor
414 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Kaanapalli resort Villas

Do you want a beach chair or a lounge chair? You can buy a cheap beach chair for $20 and just leave it. You can also rent good chairs at Snorkel Bob's. Don't remember the price. They frequently throw in chairs if you do an activity thru them. Remember, the pool and adequate lounge chairs are only feet from the beach. If I chose not to go to the WKORV, it wouldn't be becausew of the beach chairs.

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
733 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Kaanapalli resort Villas

We are at the end of a two week stay here, our second vacation at the WKORV. We always purchase inexpensive beach chairs when we arrive & then give them to someone on the beach when we leave. This is a very nice resort, the snorkeling out front is fabulous. We have used the grills which are kept in tip-top condition. The staff is friendly and helpful. Quite simply put, this is paradise on earth!

Chatham, New...
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Kaanapalli resort Villas

Thanks for the responses! I am looking forward to planning this vacation!!!

Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
68 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Kaanapalli resort Villas

I'm currently staying at the Westin Villas. When I went to the activities desk to ask about scuba, I was mistakenly quoted the price for beach chairs. He said $10/day each chair and $5 umbrella. Since activities desk shut at 5pm and sunset at 7pm, no relaxing on beach with this bunch. We decided, after reading advice on TA forums, to rent two chairs for $25/week from Snorkel Bobs. They no longer rent umbrellas because they got trashed. Chairs are Tommy Bahama with insulated pouch.

8. Re: Westin Kaanapalli resort Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 29, 2014