We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

We are booked to stay next week at the Kaanapaili Beach Club. After booking, I started reading about how aggressive the timeshare salespeople are at this location.

We just want a peaceful and enjoyable vacation. Now I hear that there are pesky salespeople who can be quite bothersome.

How can we avoid them/dealing with them?

Thanks.

West Maui Parasail
Parasailing & Paragliding
Blue Maui Ocean Adventures
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
UFO Parasail
Parasailing & Paragliding
Midwest US
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

We just returned from Maui, and we stayed four days at the Mahana, which has an "Activity Desk" (Expedia). Although we booked our condo through a private owner, there was an envelope with our name on it when we checked in. Inside was a note inviting us to a free breakfast to find out about the 'activities'. We skipped the breakfast and booked our activities directly.

Most of the time when we passed the desk, the 'coordinator' was busy working with people. While I felt sorry for the people, I was grateful that they were taking the focus away from us!!! If the coordinator wasn't already busy, I used the same technique I use in Mexico or other aggressive markets--no eye contact and say "No thanks" if spoken to...

22. Re: Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:48 am, January 20, 2011
23. Re: Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 02, 2010