We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

We are booked to stay next week at the Kaanapaili Beach Club. After booking, I started reading about how aggressive the timeshare salespeople are at this location.

We just want a peaceful and enjoyable vacation. Now I hear that there are pesky salespeople who can be quite bothersome.

How can we avoid them/dealing with them?

Thanks.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,766 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

Say no thanks and keep walking.

This property is a time share so yes it does have sales people there. They really do not want to waste time with people not interested in buying so I doubt you will have to tell each one more than once. Guess that is the price you pay for getting a cheap stay at a timeshare, sales offers.

As a side note it is a great property and location, we used to stay there when it was an Embassy Suites.

Nevada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

Strange question. You can't avoid them, unless you stay in your room all day.

It is your choice if you want to deal with them or not. They can't force you to listen to their sales pitch but they can and will offer you strong incentives to attend a sales presentation.

If you have to ask this question it probably means that you are susceptible to high pressure sales and you will probably attend the sales presentation.

Enjoy your new timeshare !

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

just say no and keep walking

Mount Vernon,Il
Level Contributor
739 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

We stayed there two years ago and was dreading the offers but somehow we avoided them altogether and no one even approched us. It is a very nice property with beautiful condos. It just isn't on the best part of the beach. I prefer the area south of Black Rock.

Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
65,621 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

Aloha,

As the economy tanked, the landsharks became more aggressive (read: desperate)......and they still are.

In addition to saying no, no, and no, as already recommended--here are a few other tips:

1. Tell them that you just lost your job (or even jobs, plural), with no prospects for new emplooyment anywhere in sight.

2. Tell them that the third mortgage on your house was how you paid for this vacation....and that you don't think the bank will give you another.

3. You already own a timeshare in _________, for which you paid XXXX, and you'll be happy to trade them for that.

4. That you appreciate their help, but you've just bought a condo fee simple down the beach at the new Honua Kai.

Have fun.....yes, even with the landsharks of Timeshare!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,754 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

>>>3.. You already own a timeshare in _________, for which you paid XXXX, and you'll be happy to trade them for that.<<

Number 3 is not a good one..they have a quick come back for that one..something on the order of ..we can get that sold and roll it over...makes you think they are trading it in like a car..but that's not how it works..it's a con statement.

As a timeshare owner I think the best is... no thank you..not interesting in attending.

If you do think you might just won't to see.. be sure and read up on the timeshareusergroup forum site before you go... www.tugsbb.com...

then you will be saying..only resale..not retail..thank you.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,754 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

..want to see.. not won't to see. but then won't see would be better ...lol

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
65,621 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

Aloha,

Sorry, my post was meant to be toingue in cheek more than anything. I think they will have to attend the presentation--that's why they got the rate.

You're right-I know they attempt to con people into thinking they'll accept your unused TS in trade, but I just threw that in for fun!

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
65,621 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kaanapali Beach Club - how to avoid the timeshare salespeopl

Wow, my typing stinks today......"tongue"........arrgggh!