We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barderosso or Napa Valley Lodge?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,456 posts
458 reviews
Save Topic
Barderosso or Napa Valley Lodge?

total for 4 nights for Barderosso is 2900 and for NV Lodge is 1650.

People on TA seem to universally love both, so I am trying to determine if Barderosso really is better to justify the price.

I don't want to go cheaper if we get there and don't like the NV lodge and we don't mind paying the difference if worth it.

thanks

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,808 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barderosso or Napa Valley Lodge?

Here's a recent US News ranking of Napa Valley hotels based on a variety of reviews and surveys.

travel.usnews.com/Hotels/Napa_Valley_CA/

You really can't go wrong with any of the hotels in Yountville but if you are looking for that something "extra" and are willing to pay for it, Bardessono may be the place for you.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,039 posts
6,071 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barderosso or Napa Valley Lodge?

Napa valley Lodge used to be a Best Western - its a nice place; large rooms; but will have that feel - there are vineyard views and the swimming area is nice.....It is walking distance to every thing in Yountville just like Barderosso...Yountville is fairly compact...

but Barderosso would be a more upscale experience than NV Lodge...

The big thing to ask yourself is if you will be spending time at the resort - some do, and that's great. Others find themselves wine tasting and having fun during the day; a short swim prior to going out to dinner at night.....

so many end up not spending much time at the resort......but if you are one who spends more time there, go with Barderosso....

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,808 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barderosso or Napa Valley Lodge?

It's Bardessono - the name of a long time Yountville family.

The Napa Valley Lodge is a sister property to the Monterey Plaza Hotel and Bodega Bay Inn as well as the Hotel Drisco in SF. Yes, it was once a Best Western (as were the Monterey Plaza and Bodega Bay Inn) but was always independently owned and always was a cut above the typical BW. It's been thoroughly remodeled in the past few years. The Napa Valley Lodge has a 4 diamond AAA rating. So far, the Bardessono has not been rated even though it's been open a few years.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,456 posts
458 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barderosso or Napa Valley Lodge?

Thanks

Level Contributor
36,963 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barderosso or Napa Valley Lodge?

Bardessono is pretty amazing! Gorgeous rooms, a rooftop pool and fantastic customer service. Enjoy the wine country! :)

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
4 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barderosso or Napa Valley Lodge?

Let's see... Another $1250 to spend on wining and dining if I stay at the #2 ranked hotel in Yountville vice the #1? I'm here for the food and wine, and I'll sleep just as well at night at the Napa Valley Lodge (even better since I know my money is being well spent) as I would at the Bardessono. Yes the lodge is not a multi-billion dollar brand new hotel like the Bardessono, but it has been through some extensive upgrades throughout the years - they are always finding ways to continually make it better - and the staff is top-notch. They take care of you like you're their best friend. Just a warmer, more comfortable, unpretentious feel to the lodge, it is my choice every time I stay in the area.

7. Re: Barderosso or Napa Valley Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, February 02, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Napa Valley