We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can I buy these items on Culebra? or must bring?

Paonia, Colorado
Level Contributor
73 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
can I buy these items on Culebra? or must bring?

Hi-

I am wondering if I can buy the following things on Culebra? If so, where can I get them?

Kids Lifevests

Mosquito Repellant

Sunscreen

Isobutane Fuel Cannisters for Camping Stove

Going camping at Playa Flamenco in a week, and wondering if these are things I have to bring from home, or I can get once on Culebra?

With the fuel cannisters, I cannot fly them down there, so if not available, what do people do for cooking when camped out at Flamenco?

Thanks!

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: can I buy these items on Culebra? or must bring?

You should be able to find everything except maybe the life vests on Culebra. I would guess that cooking fuel would be available from Tent City (one of the kiosks at Flamenco Beach) ... give them a call to double check (and to check their hours) ... 787-226-0232

On the PFDs ... bring with you or stop at Kmart or Walmart on the big island before heading to Culebra.

Check our blog for details on camping at Flamenco Beach ... www.puertoricodaytrips.com/culebra-camping/

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can I buy these items on Culebra? or must bring?

maybe Culebra divers would have life vests to rent or buy:

http://www.culebradivers.com

All the stores sell sunscreen and bug spray. I'd bring yours from home or mainland PR if you are particular about brand. Cost is probably going to be more than from home though.

I'm sure Tent City would sell fuel for camping stoves since the campsite is right there.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
942 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can I buy these items on Culebra? or must bring?

Dive shops will not have any type of life vest to rent/buy. They do rent buoyancy compensators for scuba diving. Someone might rent a snorkeling vest there, but would not count on it being for a child. Your best bet would be to purchase on the big island before coming over.j You might find a children's snorkeling vest before leaving for your vacation . It should be easy to pack as it stores flat and you would have to inflate it.

Paonia, Colorado
Level Contributor
73 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can I buy these items on Culebra? or must bring?

How do I most economically call Puerto Rico from the mainland US? Will my standard long distance plan cover calls to PR from my landline?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,562 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can I buy these items on Culebra? or must bring?

Calling Puerto Rico from the US mainland is like calling any other US state. You'll want to check with your long distance carrier to confirm long distance rates.

Edited: 12:41 am, February 08, 2014
6. Re: can I buy these items on Culebra? or must bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 10, 2015