We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Topic
ferry

does the ferry run in the summer? I am planning to go to culebra Aug 26 to spt 3...will i have to take a plane to culebra from san juan? THANKS

any tips on places to stay...mamacitas?

Level Contributor
1,109 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry

The high speed ferry from San Juan does not run in the summer. Flying is really the best and fastest way from SJ. It would take additional time and money to get to Fajardo to take the passenger ferry.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry

we like both CASA ENSENADA AND BAHIA MARINA DEPENDING ON OUR BUDGET. you can check ot the following websites !

www.casaensenada.com

www.bahiamarina.net

www.islaculebra.com

we will be in CULEBRA 09/15-09/18 then off to RINCON "till 10/02 have a great trip !

good luck,

doda

Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry

The flight from San Juan to Culebra is about $100.00 per person and well worth it (30 minute ride). To fly from Fajardo is about $50.00 with a a charge of $8.00 per day for your car rental.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
60 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry

Ok, I believe I have asked this before. We are on the fence about which of the islands (Vieques or Culebra) to go to. We only have a day and will be spending the WHOLE day there (well as much as the ferry times allow) We really don't know which one to chose. I wish we can do both but we are heading over to Boqueron and then to Rincon for the rest of our trip and won't have time for both. HELP!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry

CULEBRA is the smaller of the two and we find the beaches there a little easier to access plus we also find the snorkeling to be better. your time runs out faster than you think if you are planning on exploring and snorkeling i'd pick CULEBRA ! here are websites for you to explore.

www.islaculebra.com

www.isla-vieques.com

good luck in RINCON it is one of our favorite places on mainland PUERTO RICO !

good luck,

doda

Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry

How did you enjoy Culebra?

7. Re: ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Culebra