We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question?

Iowa
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Question?

Is there a gym, workout facility on the island? Only need free weights and benches.

But, machines are OK, too. Any help appreciated.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
112 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question?

I found link for a gym behind El Batey. But I too would like to hear from locals whether this is still open. Or whether there are any alternatives.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,155 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question?

I think kayaking is a good workout.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question?

Bunny, I think you nailed it with Kayaking. It does provides a lot of top body excersice.

Walking trail to Carlos Rosario beach is a good work out.

Snorkeling in Flamenco is also great.

But if you still need to do some resistance excercise bring a pair of excercise bands. These are great for out of home workouts.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
112 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question?

I'd like to follow up on this post to say that yes there is a gym on Culebra. It's in a sort of community recreation complex near the school. It's about halfway between the airport and the port. The hours were good (0700 to 1900 if I remember correctly). The best part is that it was completely free. It is a basic sort of set up but it has dumbells, benchpress and a few machines and that's all we wanted. It's not a modern facility with cardio machines.

Iowa
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question?

Thank you so much for posting. The basics are all we need. It sounds perfect.

Kayaking sounds good, too, but usually like to do some free weights. Again, thanks!

Netherlands
Level Contributor
112 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question?

You're welcome. When you drive from the airport to the port, you'll see a basketball court on your right. Turn right, drive past the court, and go up the driveway.

7. Re: Question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 25, 2015