We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Culebra`

Chico, California
4 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Culebra`

I am planning my honeymoon, and the island of Culebra looks like a good choice for me. Are there any nice hotels in Culebra? Which one would you suggest for a honeymoon? Thank you for any suggestions.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Culebra`

Maybe you want to split your time, some in Culebra and some in Puerto Rico.

1st, you have to know that Culebra is a very laid back place and there's practicaly nothing to do once the clock hits 7pm. Maybe that's good for you at this point, but a little sightseen doesn't hurt either. That's why I suggest you spend some time in Culebra and maybe some time in another part of the island, like Rincon or stay at the metro area like Condado or Isla Verde.

http://travelandsports.com/

http://www.culebra.org/

http://www.culebra-island.com/

http://www.islaculebra.com/index.htm

In Culebra, Don't stay at Costa Bonita.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Culebra`

once again..... you have to stay at BAHIA MARINA...take the tour on thier website...you'll see what i talking about..... above avg for CULEBRA. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT FOR A HONEYMOON.

let me know what you think !

good luck,

doda

virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Culebra`

It depends on what you're looking for. If youreally want a "hotel" and are looking for all-inclusive or even room service - stay on mainland PR or go to Vieques. Culebra has mostly private house rentals and guesthouses and there is to much to do. If you are "high mainteneance", Culebra is NOT for you. If you're looking to get away from it al, then you found the right spot. Do not stay at Casa Bonita though!

san juan,Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
742 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Culebra`

Culebra is a great place for a honeymoon.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Culebra`

If you decide to split your time between the mainland and Culebra, consider The Horned Dorset in Rincon www.horneddorset.com

I think there is also parasailing in the Rincon area.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Culebra`

we've been vacationing in RINCON for 9 yrs. we have never seen any para sailing. do you know where they"re doing it at ? "cause we'd LOVE to do it !!

all my thanks,

doda

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Culebra`

Hi doda,

I don't know of a specific place. However, when I've read some of the rental websites for that area , some of them have parasailing under the activities section. I've been trying to more research to find out if there is something more specific, but so far I have not found what they might be referring to.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Culebra`

thanks !! let me know if you find out anything more specific.

all my thanks.

doda

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in Culebra`

doda,

I was looking at some sites. The Villa Montana Resort site says there is kite-surfing . It is worth looking at. They seem to have a whole new look to their website. www.villamontana.com

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon in Culebra`

Shelliep, I believe you mean Costa Bonita Resort. It is the only real upscale accommodation on Culebra (relatively new), but the service is really poor. Don't know what's up with management there. They ought to sell the place to someone competent. We stayed at Club Seabourne in Culebra. It's ok. Not worth the money they charge in peak season. The place needs a makeover.