We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from SJU to Isla Grande Airport

Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from SJU to Isla Grande Airport

How much time should we allow to get from San Juan International Airport to Isla Grande Airport by Taxi? I read somewhere it's $16+ per person...is that the current approximate cost?

We are going to CULEBRA!

Thanks!

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from SJU to Isla Grande Airport

although most say it is $16, i really thought it was $17 plus $1 per bag. that is for the whole car, not per person. when you ge your bags and go outside at SJU here will be a tourism board stand that distributes the taxi slips. they will confirm the cost for you.

time depends on time of day. if it is not during traditional rush hour times, 20 minutes to 30 is fine. otherwise it could take 40 or more.

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from SJU to Isla Grande Airport

About $20 per cab plus $1 per bag for up to 4 or 5 people plus tip. The cabs are right outside baggage pickup at SJU.

Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from SJU to Isla Grande Airport

Thank you!

Keosauqua, Iowa
Level Contributor
78 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from SJU to Isla Grande Airport

I will be traveling from SJU to Isla Grande for flight on Vieques Air this Jan 15th. I land at SJU at 1:38 pm and my Isla Grande flight is at 2:30pm. I've made this connection before but never with so little time between flights. Its true that the taxi ride is approx. 20 min. but my concern is getting my backpack from SJU baggage claim in a timely manner. In past I think it took about 1/2 hour to get my bag. I am soooo looking forward to Culebra!!!

Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from SJU to Isla Grande Airport

better stick with a carry on! That's close.

We are leaving from Boston in February so we have to hope there's no snow delay! We've planned for that by arriving in SJU at 445am! That gives us plenty of same day flights to Culebra if we miss the 730am.

We got stuck in san juan overnight on a previous trip to Vieques (2006) and spent alot of money on a (not so nice) hotel there.

Really just making sure we have enough time for our return flights without too much stress

Have a great trip!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,278 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from SJU to Isla Grande Airport

I've missed flights a couple times myself due to delays. Since the last one, we plan an overnight in San Juan then a flight out the next moring.

Minneapolis...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from SJU to Isla Grande Airport

We are headed to Culebra (1st time) and are also flying Vieques. Any helpful tips on the trip, things we HAVE to see in Culebra? Thanks for your time!

Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from SJU to Isla Grande Airport

swim with the turtles at Tamarindo. There are also turtles at Rosario and best coral to see. It's a bit of a hike, so bring plenty of water and food and best to go there in ideal conditions.

Our place was up on a hill and it was quite windy. Flamenco beach was windy too. I'd bring an extra layer.

Have a great time!

9. Re: Taxi from SJU to Isla Grande Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 18, 2014