We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Flamenco Air

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Avoid Flamenco Air

We were unable to get passage to Culebra Island on June 4th because all of the tickets were sold out for Monday and Tuesday and there were hundreds of people trying to get to the island. We opted to drive to the Ceiba Airport at the former Roosevelt Roads air station on Saturday.

I had previously booked and paid with my credit card roundtrip air passage for 4 passengers for Saturday, June 9th to Culebra. We got to the airport really early and approached the ticket counter where the man at the counter took out a piece of paper with our names on it, highlighted them with a highlighter and then asked us to wait until we are called.

We waited and waited, even watching as some late-comers came, purchased tickets at the counter, checked in their luggage and got on our plane that was supposed to take off at 9:35 a.m. to Culebra. At approximately 9:20 a.m. when I went back to the ticket counter to inquire about our reservations for the 9:35 flight, I was rudely told to sit and wait, meanwhile our flight took off to Culebra. A friend in my party went to the counter and complained and the man at the ticket counter said he did not know we were waiting and then began to argue that he didn't know what we were talking about. Of course we were incensed at this complete lack of professionalism on the part of Flamenco Air. They then told us that another plane would be leaving in 15 minutes. That 15 minutes became over an hour more to wait.

This is the second time I flew with this outfit and the first time left no lasting positive impression either. If you can take another airline do so, AVOID FLAMENCO AIR.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,020 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid Flamenco Air

I've always used VAL with no issue. Cape Air seems to be doing a good job also. Val tends to do on demand flights from Ceiba. When they get 6 people they send a plane over. Although most of the time we fly form Isle Grande with a reservation. Sorry that you had so many troubles.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid Flamenco Air

Hello PR Bob, how are you? Next time I will avoid Flamenco Air at all cost. By the way, I wrote a review of my vacation in PR the first week of June. Did you see it?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,020 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoid Flamenco Air

I might have read it. Don't recall. Post the link and I will make sure I do so. But thanks for the info on Flamenco air. I'll stick with VAL for now. Although it has been awhile. Due for a Vieques trip.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoid Flamenco Air

I'll bump it up to the top for you.

5. Re: Avoid Flamenco Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 13, 2013