We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Nights In Culebra

Zanesville, OH
Level Contributor
37 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
5 Nights In Culebra

My wife and I are going to be leaving next week for 5 nights in Culebra... can't wait!! :) We've got a few questions...

1) We plan on making day trips to each Culebrita and Luis Pena... preferably, we'd like as few people there as possible. With that in mind, would it be best to avoid going on a weekend?

2) Any good breakfast hotspots on the island? How about places to go for an evening dessert?

3) Something I'd like to do is spear fishing... is this allowed, and if so where can I rent a spear?

4) What is the likelyhood we'll see some turtles while snorkeling this time of year?

Thanks!!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Nights In Culebra

You state you are making day trips to the offshore cays. How are you getting there? You have a snorkeling tour set up? or are you kayaking there? The islands are uninhabited and are not frequented by the crowds that come to see Flamenco Beach which are the big attraction in Culebra.

The island has few restaurants and most are sort of rustic and they are located in town.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Nights In Culebra

Though not the usual spot for "the boat crowd", it is possible you will get a few more people at those places on weekends.

You have a very big chance of seeing turtles, but no guarantees!

About spearfishing- only while free diving (not SCUBA). And obviously, not in the nature reserves. Contact Roberto Reyes for more info: sales@puertoricofreedivers.com

Zanesville, OH
Level Contributor
37 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Nights In Culebra

We'll be hiring a water taxi.

Any "off the beaten path" places we should check out? I'm sure we'll hit up every beach... what else should we do?

4. Re: 5 Nights In Culebra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, June 19, 2013