We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Culebra vs St John

MA
Level Contributor
740 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Culebra vs St John

Has anyone been to both, and what are your thoughts. We love StJ , but a recent visitor Culebra (she has been there twice) reports to me that the snorkeling on Culebra is superior. We have been traveling to STJ for 19 years. We love to snorkel, hike to dramatic vistas, visit different beaches, star gaze from and enjoy morning coffee on the villa deck, dine out some, go to bed with the moon and wake to the sunrise. Thoughts?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Culebra vs St John

where did you stay? we are going in the spring with a child and could use recommendations

Connecticut
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Culebra vs St John

where did you stay and what did you think of the place? we are going in the spring with a child and can use the recommendations....

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Culebra vs St John

Iguanas,

I sent you a PM in case it helps....

Connecticut
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Culebra vs St John

St. John has two distinct sides. Cruz Bay is where the ferry arrives and is a pretty busy place. It's on the Western side of island. Beaches close to Cruz Bay can be crowded, esp. when Cruise shippers arrive. The eastern side is Coral Bay. Probably need a car over there. Much slower. IMO much better beaches for snorkeling and exploring. Far fewer people at beaches as well. Fewer restaurant choices but some very good restaurants. I haven't been to Culebra but I am imagining that it is more like the Coral Bay side of St. John.

15. Re: Culebra vs St John

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:39 am, May 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Culebra