We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerry's Jeep

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
2 posts
Save Topic
Jerry's Jeep

My wife and I went to Culebra Island for one night and stayed at Flamenco beach in the Villas. We rented a jeep from jerry's jeep what a mistake that was all of his vehicles are falling apart, the guy was very weird and hard to deal with, he was fighting on the phone with his wife or girlfriend while we were filling out the paperwork and he charged my credit card another $356.00 after four months of us being there, so not only was it a bad experience for us dealing with him but he stole from us too. Next time we will use Carlos Jeeps all their Jeeps are new and it looks like a well run establishment you will see the difference between the two places so don't give him any credit card information or rent from him over the phone check it out in person, It cost us $356.00 for a day rental.

NY,NY
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerry's Jeep

Yeah, Jerry's unique all right. When it all works out with him you feel like you've been on a little voyaging adventure and it adds to the whole experience. On the other hand when it doesn't you just feel ripped off. I hear he's been sick recently, back and forth to the big island to see a doctor. Maybe he's just out of sorts. He certainly has never been dishonest to my knowledge, on the contrary, he usually bends over backwards to do right by people. Sorry to hear it was such a disaster.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerry's Jeep

Have you contacted him about the extra fee to get it refunded? I'm sorry for your experience. Hopefully, you will get resolution for this.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerry's Jeep

Just spent two weeks on Culebra driving one of Jerry's Samurais. Doesn't sound like the same guy you describe. He was helpful even before we got there, and spent enough time with us to get us situated on the island. Even drove us around a bit to describe things. I think I got to know him a little bit.

Curious as to what the circumstances of that late billing was for you? After all, accusing someone of stealing is pretty harsh.

San Diego...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerry's Jeep

I spoke on the phone with Jerry (he called me) and the charge was a mistake, he had mixed up some dates and confused me with another customer and is in the process of giving me a refund he was very nice and apologized for the error.

With all of the good things everyone is saying about him it makes sense to me now and I know the charge was not done intentionally or out of malice.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jerry's Jeep

That's wonderful for you and great that you came back to clarify what was going on. That Jerry's rep is cleared. Bless!

Edited: 7:16 am, February 20, 2011
Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Jerry's Jeep

My husband and I rented a car from Jerry twice, but never again! The first time, the experience was OK. We didn't get a Jeep, and actually there no Jeeps available even though that's what we reserved. Instead we got a run down 4x4, which was fine with us. As someone else here posted, we also had a "mistaken charge" two months after being back home (luckily I check my statements every month and spotted it). I thought at the time that it was an honest mistake, the reason why we rented from him again on a second visit to Culebra. This time, he gave us his wife's car (a sedan) rather than a 4x4. We were stuck with that car for 1 day, when he finally materialized an SUV (he wasn't happy that we weren't happy with his wife's sedan). The day we were leaving the island, one of our tires was flat. That cost us $150.

I know his price can be tempting, but if you want to avoid a headache, go with Carlos Jeep Rental. We will next time.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
13 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jerry's Jeep

Just came back from Culebra. Rented from Jerry. On the last day, the island ran out of gas and I couldn't fill up. Jerry was very understanding and filled the tank up for me at the current rate with no extra charges. If I rented from anyone else, I would have been nailed with charges. I can't say enough good things about Jerry. He's a great guy. Hilarious. Extremely helpful. And somehow his map was the best out of all received. I can't wait to come back and rent from Jerry.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jerry's Jeep

My husband and I rented from Jerry's Jeeps and it was great! He was a really honest,funny and cool guy. I would agree with some that you need to do your reasearch before going anywhere in the world, so you know what your getting into. Also Culebra is awesome place to relax but on the other hand they are not as developed as the main island. Also with the amount of rain and bad weather they have around this time of year i would not want a new jeep to drive. I can only imagine how much the cost is to replace one of the new ones. I say your safe with jerry and a great guide to us for our first visit. I just hope they are ok, a tropical irene i think just hit that place.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jerry's Jeep

MJ who lives on Culebra but is visiting her son in CA posted the following on her blog re: Irene

Happy to report that aside from power outages, downed limbs and a report that three boats broke loose (I don't know details) and the ferry schedule being skewed up, Culebra is on her feet and clean up is underway.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jerry's Jeep

Thanks Scubagirl! That really means alot to my husband and I. :)

Get answers to your questions about Culebra