We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to share a taxi from SJU to Fajardo ferry on Dec. 11?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Want to share a taxi from SJU to Fajardo ferry on Dec. 11?

My husband and I are on an AirTran flight from Baltimore that arrives at 3:30 pm on Saturday, Dec. 11. We are taking the 7pm ferry from Fajardo to Culebra.

The last time we went to Culebra we rented a car from Avis and dropped it off in Ceiba. But that got expensive with the drop off fee (and was kind of a hassle to get from Ceiba to the ferry.)

Anyone arriving close to 3:30 or 4pm pm on the 11th and want to share a taxi? That way we can each spend $50 instead of $100.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to share a taxi from SJU to Fajardo ferry on Dec. 11?

i have tried getting someone to share this ride with me as well. never succesfully though. i've thought about wearing a shirt or signon the plane to san juan with the request on the front.

lol

i dont kow how that would go over...

good luck

ps, im suprised you dont continue to rent a car. i am getting a car saturday from avis at sju dropping off in ceiba for a total of less than $40. and the people at the ceiba avis have dropped me off at the ferry and the ceiba airport

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to share a taxi from SJU to Fajardo ferry on Dec. 11?

I'm afraid the Avis location in Ceiba closes at 5pm on Saturday so we won't be able to drop off the car and get a ride from them to the 7:00pm ferry. (and in December they are charging $86 for the one way rental.)

I like the t-shirt idea!

Edited: 9:22 am, November 18, 2010
3. Re: Want to share a taxi from SJU to Fajardo ferry on Dec. 11?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:28 am, May 18, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Culebra