We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flamenco beach info please

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
flamenco beach info please

planning a day trip but i cant stand sitting on a beach with no beach chair. are there's chairs for rent anywhere on this island.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: flamenco beach info please

I dont really think there are any beach chairs on that beach you may bet better off bringing one of those folding chairs you can but at walmart

Long Island
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flamenco beach info please

We rented loungers and an umbrella at flamenco on our last trip. Prices were quite reasonable considering the options.

Gainesville, florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flamenco beach info please

You might want to understand what is involved with this trip to Culebra. if you are traveling by Ferry, it's not as luxurious as you may think it is. It is one large boat that travels for 1.5-2 hours over rough seas (especially during these winter times). When you arrive, hopefully not seasick, you will be accosted by a myriad of transportation options. Although you may want to bring alot of things, these vans that cost 2$/person are not nice and do not have lots of space. If you bring lots of stuff, I would say be prepared to feel overwhelmed. Those vans drop you off in the muddy parking lot and you walk out (not too far) to this heaven of a beach. I would suggest renting, or just dealing with it! This beach is absolutely fabulous. Maybe just pile some sand and sit on it is my feel. Go with some cash and the least amount of things as possible.

boston
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flamenco beach info please

island hopper, where on the beach did you rent the chairs? and what was the price. i do want to rent vs bringing my own.

Long Island
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flamenco beach info please

Sorry...I'm not sure I remember the price exactly. I'm thinking it was $25, though. It's not going to be hard to find anything there. Basically, the vans all drop you off near the beach in the same spot and right there is where you will find any vendors that are there that day.

As for renting the chairs and umbrella, there was a guy sitting next to a pile of them just as we entered the beach.

Long Island
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flamenco beach info please

Just recently returned from another trip to PR...this time the chair guy wasn't around. I saw all of his chairs chained up next to the food vendors but apparently he didn't make it to the beach that day. I suspected he wouldn't always be arround and my suspicions are now confirmed.

If it's really important to you to have a chair/umbrella, consider bringing collapsable stuff of your own.

Dublin, Ohio
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flamenco beach info please

Also,

if you do walk the length of the beach there are areas (like all the way on the west side of the beach area) where you can find shady areas to relax and also be like 35 feet from the water. At least that's how close the water was the day we were there.

Good luck,

Peter