We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Marina vs. Culebra Beach Villas?

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Marina vs. Culebra Beach Villas?

My husband and I are going to PR in June and want to spend a couple of nights in Culebra. I'm torn between Bahia Marina and Culebra Beach Villas. I like the idea of being able to walk to the beach but BM just sounds nicer. Plus my husband is a chef and we're both foodies... sounds like the food is very impressive at BM.

I just can't seem to make a decision... but I'm leaning towards BM. Other than the proximity to the ocean, any reason I should book the villas instead?

Thanks for any opinions!

NYC
Level Contributor
660 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Marina vs. Culebra Beach Villas?

I’d much rather stay at Culebra Beach Villas. You know what they say: location, location, location.

As a foodie myself I have to tell you the food out on Culebra isn’t the best. I did eat one of my favorite meals of the trip out at Bahia Marina and I am a fan of the bar and the cliental – but I was not nuts about the property or location. I think it’s worth it to drive out there one night for dinner (in either remote location I’d want a Jeep) but I’d want to wake up and go to sleep on Flamenco Beach if given the choice.

My advice on food is to keep in simple and low key. The kabobs and a tropical drink in the Flamenco Beach parking lot were the best – the grilled rock lobster and so-so wine we paid too much for at Club Seabourne I could have lived without.

2. Re: Bahia Marina vs. Culebra Beach Villas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Culebra