We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Tryp

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Tryp

Ok were goin to Cuba for the first time, we chose the Tryp for its lively atmosphere, but reading some of the horror stories on here i am now slightly beginning to regret it.

So, all those of you that have been can you give me a score out 10 with 10 been superb, please i need my faith restoring as we go on the 30th.

Thanks

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
658 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Tryp

Wajjer,

Check your inbox

brewsr

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The Tryp

How do i find my in box ?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,153 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Tryp

Go to Your Trip Advisor right at the top of the page and then click on Messages.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Tryp

Wajjer,

Will also be at the Tryp from the 30th, so I guess we'll be braving it together.... "~"

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,925 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Tryp

If you are going during Spring break, reading week, grad week, that sort of thing then yes I would worry, but this is not the case for you. I had the same concerns as you before we went to the TRYP, but because we were travelling with our Adult Son we knew we needed a more happening hotel. We loved our stay, the beach was great, our room location was nice and quiet, the food was great, top notch service and staff, good drinks, fun disco. Granted during our stay "Alberto" was the Manager and he ran the hotel like a well organized ship, not sure how much things have changed with the new Manager? The good thing is you are going with your feet on the ground and are not wearing rose coloured glasses.

We are going to give the Hotel Colonial a try and we have similar thoughts as you, cheers to a fabulous vacation.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The Tryp

Hi, well from the replys i have been getting i dont really think theres too much to worry about.

We are flying from manchester what about you?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
134 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Tryp

we went to tryp last april, was fab, we are also going in oct this yr, so yes we loved it.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
560 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Tryp

I may be going back in october for my 4th time..But this time alone

Beeton
Level Contributor
199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Tryp

SweetMystery: Tryp is way better than Colonial. If you are getting a really great rate then go to Colonial but other i would not go there unless it was a great rate. The hotel is nice and clean but the food was not the greatest ( i know it's cuba but tryp and mojito have way better food) The hotel needs a major upgrade the salt water pool is in need of repairs. The always run out of ice at the pool bar leaving you drinking warm drinks.

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,925 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Tryp

We loved the TRYP but it was one of those holidays that we took with our Son, we are total beach freaks and during that stay we really envied the Zen as per say and wider beach at the Colonial. Being honest I am really starting to give my head a shake and wish that I had waited, but my Kids are not living at home anymore and in order to get my Daughter to take a week off to take care of our Dogs and Cats I needed to book. Hubby keeps telling me that all is going to be well; sure hope so.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco