We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Havana from Melia Cayo Coco

Halifax
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Havana from Melia Cayo Coco

Hi

Is it worth traveling to Havana from Cayo Coco?

Is it best by plane or bus and what are the approximate costs?

Cheers all :-)

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Havana from Melia Cayo Coco

Yes, you can do the trip but you are far better off going to Havana on another trip when you go to Varadero or Jibacoa. Sorry, don't know the costs.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Havana from Melia Cayo Coco

IMO I would go to Havana no matter what. To me, it is worth it. Total contrast to Cayo Coco.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
799 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Havana from Melia Cayo Coco

We went to Havana on an overnight trip when they used to fly both ways. What a great experience. They have changed and I think you fly one way and have a very long coach trip ( stopping at places of interest )the other way, someone who has been recently may know the cost. Are you there for 2 weeks or just 1, this trip woulld take a large chunk out of a 7 day break.

Halifax
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Havana from Melia Cayo Coco

We are going for two weeks :-) how long is the coach journey? Thanks everyone for your replies

Lee, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Havana from Melia Cayo Coco

I asked the same question earlier and was told it takes 7 hours by car. We would be interested if you find the correct information to share as this is something we would really love to do :-) When do you go?

6. Re: Trip to Havana from Melia Cayo Coco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco