We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Caya Coco Beds

LaSalle, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Caya Coco Beds

Can anyone tell me which rooms have the King size beds. We don't want lagoon rooms and heard that the regular rooms have either two double beds or 1 king. We stayed at PRDO in Holguin which is also a Melia resort last November and although the resort was great the two double beds we had were as hard as a rock. Hoping that the king size beds are a bit softer and since there is just the two of us we don't need two double beds.

Thanks for the help

Paul&Deb

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,766 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Caya Coco Beds

It's a long time since I stayed at the Melia CC but the mattress was like rock. I presume they will have changed them by now. In comparison I found the mattresses at the PRDO to be very comfortable.

Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
873 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Caya Coco Beds

Beds are 2 doubles pushed together or a King. They are still hard and bed linen needs replacing.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Caya Coco Beds

beds are as hard as rock, well they were last August! You get used to it though. We had two queen pushed together and then a king size (had to change rooms due to weather) and to be honest they were both the same.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Caya Coco Beds

I think that the Cubans enjoy rock hard matresses, lol. they were the same at the Tryp, Mojito as well as Iberostar Cayo Ensenachos....can't wait to experience the beds at the Melia in 27 days!!

LaSalle, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia Caya Coco Beds

Well I guess that's the kiss of death for Caya Coco. The mattresses at PRDO were killers and both of us had sore backs for most of the week. The resort was great and the food was some of the best we have had at a resort anywhere but we would not go back because the beds were that bad.

If Caya Coco is the same or worse then we will have to look elsewhere. Bummer it looked good and we were looking forward to going to Playa Pillar

Thanks for the help. saved us from another week of sore backs

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia Caya Coco Beds

Hi

Have you tried emailing the hotel to ask if they can make any special arrangements for you before you look elsewhere? It would be a shame to miss out on such a wonderful holiday so could be worth a try.

Cheers♥

LaSalle, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melia Caya Coco Beds

Worth a try I guess. when we tried to email prdo we never did get any responses so I'll see if I can find a valid email address hopefully we'll get a response

HRL
London,ON
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Melia Caya Coco Beds

This is the address I used in Dec 2012 with a quick response.

jefe.cac.mcc@meliacuba.com

We requested a king size bed but did find it very hard but then again have not found a bed like home in all of Cuba

The resort is not to be missed adults only/ friendly staff/ good food

Hope to return again soon

Edited: 7:59 pm, March 06, 2013
LaSalle, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Melia Caya Coco Beds

Thanks for the info. Maybe I can ask for 10 extra blankets and put them under the sheets. lol

staffordshire
Level Contributor
629 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Melia Caya Coco Beds

been to the melia a few times and yeah the beds are hard i had xtra blankets last visit as i suffer with a bad back anyway wouldnt stop me going though its a great place

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco