We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Canadian bills $$$$$

saskatoon
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
New Canadian bills $$$$$

Just packing and getting everything ready to leave in 2 days!!!

Have some "New" 50 dollar bills to take to Cayo Coco.

Has anyone had a problem exchanging these new bills? Or have they been out long enough now that there are no problems.

Also is there a money exchange place at the Memories Flamenco Resort? Or should we exchange at the airport before getting on the bus to the resort. I have read that the Tryp is the best place to exchange money but I can't see catching the bus to go to the Tryp just to exchange money.

Thanks to all that reply.

northwest ontario
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New Canadian bills $$$$$

When I was there I got the best price at the desk of the Tryp. The Cadeca at the airport tried to rip me off. I'm glad I knew what the exchange rate was and knew how much I should get.

Hats off to Cubajack and Bellagio who started and regularly update the rates!!

Cheers

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
638 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New Canadian bills $$$$$

I was short changed once at a resort in Cayo Coco. Since then I make sure I know how much I am supposed to get. On arrival I usually change 100 pp. If I need more, I do it in 10 lots (unless I know that I am going to need more then I would get another 100

saskatoon
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: New Canadian bills $$$$$

Just back from Memories Flamenco. The exchange rate that we got from their bank was $90.00 pesos for $100.00 Canadian.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: New Canadian bills $$$$$

Just back from Memories Caribe in Cayo Coco, and got a great rate of 96.05 CUC for $100 CDN, gotta love it!!! At the cadeca.......

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: New Canadian bills $$$$$

That is an excellent rate.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: New Canadian bills $$$$$

I'm almost certain it's the best rate I've had in 15 trips, was pretty pleased with it........Dropped to 95.50 the next day!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: New Canadian bills $$$$$

At least we now know that their Cadeca gives the correct rates and is not a rip off. Were the rates on display and did they give you a receipt?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: New Canadian bills $$$$$

All rates were on display, a paper was given with the amount,and while I was there, the rules changed and passports were then required to do an exchange......He showed me where he had to enter in name,nationality,and passport number before giving out any CUC !!! Es Cuba!

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: New Canadian bills $$$$$

Passport has always been a normal requirement but I don't recall anyone recording the details.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: New Canadian bills $$$$$

Wasn't a normal requirement there as first days it wasn't required then a sign went up.When I asked why,he showed me the screen on computer where all the info had to go before he could release the funds~!