We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook from Manchester - Winter 2013/2014

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
313 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook from Manchester - Winter 2013/2014

We are looking to book to go back to Cayo Coco in March 2014 using TC and have found out they are not using the usual Airbus that we went on previously, but a smaller plane with a lesser seat pitch, no seat back TV's and no Premium Economy upgrade. Not sure which plane they are using as they were not very forthcoming over the phone.

Has anybody else heard anything else?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook from Manchester - Winter 2013/2014

I would not have thought that they would know what plane they are using in 2014. If that is the case I would not be flying to Cayo Coco with T. Cook.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
799 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook from Manchester - Winter 2013/2014

We have been having a quick look for March 2014, but from Gatwick.

Strange thing is, we found a flight on Monday 24th Feb, but not another one until Thursday March 27th. Don't know what is going on for 2014.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,985 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook from Manchester - Winter 2013/2014

Mamagizmodude:

There is no Premium Economy service on Thomas Cook even now. The ex premium cabin is still there but can only be booked on the return leg. Seats on the outbound leg are allocated on a lottery system.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
313 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook from Manchester - Winter 2013/2014

TC are the only UK airline that fly direct to Cayo Coco from the UK, I think, so no choice but to fly with them if we want to go.

Not sure about Gatwick flights johnvict, but the Manchester flights for winter appear to be fortnightly up to March 21st when they revert back to weekly.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook from Manchester - Winter 2013/2014

It looks like I might be going to another area of Cuba then in 2014. I refuse to fly longhaul cramped up.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
313 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook from Manchester - Winter 2013/2014

Bellagio, I was aware you could only book Premium Economy on the return leg as have done this on all long haul flights since they stopped the full service. Also I was aware of the lottery to get them going outwards. If you pre-book your seats (which you have to do to guarantee seats together on the return flight) then you do not get an upgrade going out.

Just to let you know that you can now book Premium Economy for both ways to some TC destinations. Cancun was the one we were quoted a price for

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,547 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook from Manchester - Winter 2013/2014

TC are reintroducing a premium service, but it's not available to Cuba, at the moment. The ex premium seats are prebookable inbound as extra legroom. It makes no difference whether you prebook seats or not, you are still in the lottery for the seats on the outbound flight.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
313 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook from Manchester - Winter 2013/2014

Found out today from TC Airlines that they are using leased planes to do the Cuba route for next winter and they will be using an Airbus A330.

Definately no Premium seating or seat back TVs, but a 33 inch seat pitch and some extra legroom seats near the doors on the plane.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,547 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook from Manchester - Winter 2013/2014

They told me that it hadn't been confirmed as yet, but were advising no premium or seatback IFE as the safest option until the aircraft are confirmed.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
313 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook from Manchester - Winter 2013/2014

When did they tell you this? I spoke to them earlier today and the advisor on the phone never said it wasn't decided.

We were going to book tomorrow. Looks like I'll be back on the phone to them tomorrow!

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco