We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for advice from an experienced YVD traveler

Boston
Level Contributor
382 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for advice from an experienced YVD traveler

I'm going to yost Van Dyke for the first time and I'll be staying at the White bay Villas. Is there anything I need to know before I go? I have the ferry information and we'll be doing some grocery shopping in St Thomas before we get on the ferry but perhaps there are things I should know that only someone whose been there before can tell me. Any secret spots or tips / hints that may help me have the best possible time?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for advice from an experienced YVD traveler

Just got back from a wonderful week on Jost. Foxy's has a great dinner, good variety. AliBaba's has awesome lobster and conch fritters, Soggy Dollar Dinner was absolutely wonderful and pizza from Corsairs was great! For Day Trips contact Andi and Shane at Born To Rhumb. Born to Rhumb has a web site and Face Book Page. They will take you snorkeling to Willie T's, and island hopping with coolers full of drinks and Painkillers too! We have used this vessel every timewe go...6 times. The no see ems in the sand are a killer so take your bug spray. Definately use Bobby's Market for all your provisions...they were great and you don't have to hassle with it in St. Thomas or Tortolla. If you walk the island bring some good shoes and have a healthy heart! The hills are a killer but worth the hike at least once! Have an Awesome time!

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for advice from an experienced YVD traveler

Oh oh! I have a question! Hope it's not too late...approximately how much does it cost for food and drink to stock your fridge? Hubby and I are planning a much-needed honeymoon (2 years late!) and were trying to get an idea of the "all inclusive" cost with booze and food.

Thanks!

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for advice from an experienced YVD traveler

According to their website... Bobby's says it free

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for advice from an experienced YVD traveler

http://www.bobbysmarketplace.com/

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Looking for advice from an experienced YVD traveler

When you get to Jost, Walk over to Foxy's and get a bottle of Foxy's Firewater Rum before you go the your villa. Have fun and remember to be on Island Time when you get off the boat"

16. Re: Looking for advice from an experienced YVD traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, May 22, 2013