We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet service on JVD

New Hudson, Michigan
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Internet service on JVD

I hope this isn't a question that all will crack up about but is there any wireless (or any) internet service on JVD? My husband has his own company and tries to communicate with office daily. I have not heard anyone mention it at all so we are wondering.

Bettendorf, Iowa
Level Contributor
510 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet service on JVD

There MAY be wireless internet service down at Foxy's. I think I saw a few people using compters down there last spring when I visited. You may try sending them an email thru their website, www.foxysbar.com. There are some email addresses and phone numbers under the Food & Spirits tab.

TN
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet service on JVD

I was there this past July and Raquel at Seddys (White Bay) was "working" on getting wireless. Don't know if it will happen any time soon though...

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet service on JVD

Stable internet connection is iffy all over. The service goes up and down constantly, the power outages and surges on Tortola are quite frequent which cause connections to need to be reset often. If there is service there the quality will probably be equal to that of most of the other hotels I'm sure...

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet service on JVD

I did a little research for you and found that Wendell’s World Water Sports on JVD offers Internet service. They are located on the beachfront down a bit from Foxxy's. Hope this helps!

New Hudson, Michigan
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet service on JVD

thanks for the investigating! I will look into it!

6. Re: Internet service on JVD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jost Van Dyke
Recent Conversations