We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pink house on jost van dyke

Houston Texas
5 posts
Save Topic
pink house on jost van dyke

My wife and I are planning a trip in May/June 2008 to Jost and plan to stay at the Pink House. I would like feedback as to whether anyone was uncomfortable without air conditioning during this season. Also, I am reading that water to the house is provided by a cistern. Has anyone run out of water?? Any hints, advice, dos or don'ts wold be greatly appreciated.

Ted

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: pink house on jost van dyke

I am staying at the Pink House this September so I will let you know. I went to White Bay last December and thought it was the most beautiful beach I had ever seen. Spent 15 days on St. Thomas and St John last December and White Bay was our favorite place (although St John does have some beautiful beaches too!). White Bay is just magical. We thought every beach had a different shade of blue and White Bay was definitely unique and crystal clear.

About Cisterns, I recall seeing cisterns on all houses/condos in all the islands. It's probably not an issue but they tell you not to take long showers and to do full loads of laundry to conserve on water.

We also took a boat trip last year to Marina Cay (off Tortola's east end). It's a beautiful place and has a free ferry from Trellis Bay (Tortola's east end near airport).

I'll post again after my travels . . .

New Jersey
Level Contributor
454 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pink house on jost van dyke

FYI - The Pink House is one of the villas featured in the latest Carribean magazine.

New Jersey
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: pink house on jost van dyke

We Stayed last June and I have to say It was HOT @ night but you get used to it and Ivans Sress Free punch helps.. they have recently done some much needed maintance and also trimmed the bushes so you'll get the breeze. Once asleep It's the best I've slept in a long time..

Enjoy we loved it !!! and terri is great to work with

rhode island
Level Contributor
388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pink house on jost van dyke

it was Caribbean Travel & Life !!! it was an article about romantic villas....The Pink House was one of their two choices !!! it is a most relaxing island ! love JVD !!!

Tallahassee, FL
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: pink house on jost van dyke

My wife and I and another couple are staying at the Pink House in April 2008. The cistern reference is old verbiage on their website...they may have taken it off already since I asked the same question to the guy who books the house. He said that the house is now hooked up to public water so their is no limitations on water usage. Also, the 2 upper bedrooms have good ventilation, but the 3rd bedroom on the bottom floor can get hot. He said that they are planning on putting an AC unit in that room this fall to help cool it off.

6. Re: pink house on jost van dyke

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jost Van Dyke