We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
789 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report

We spent 1 day on Jost Van Dyke on a Windjammer cruise. We have been there before and love it. The launch took us to Foxys and we took a taxi 1 way for $5/pp to the Sandcastle and Soggy dollar bar. The beach is still amazing, the water beautiful. walked the beach and swam and had an amazing Painkiller at Soggy Dollar. New owners and some new staff. Heard everyone was happy with the new change. Had a great lunch-I love the flying fish sandwich- and some more Painkillers before taking a taxi back to Great Harbor. We decided to eat dinner off of the ship and made a reservation a t Corsairs for that evening. Launched back at 7PM and had a good dinner. Pretty casual but the food was very good. We all cleaned our plates. the owner is originally from NY but now lives in Colorado when he is not in Jost. Then on to Foxy's for drinks and dancing. Foxy's seemed more touristy than I remember in the past. Still had a good time. I can't wait to return. It is Paradise.

rhode island
Level Contributor
388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report

thanks for you jost report !! keeps me going...30 days and counting!!! yeeeehhaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report

I agree that Foxy's is a little touristy, but you can't beat their BBQ (buffet) which I believe is roughly $28. Can't remember the day they hold it on. The food is wonderful though. They also have a drink there that is similar to a white russian - can't recall the name but you'll see it on the menu. Try it - It is very tasty.

Get answers to your questions about Jost Van Dyke