We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 Days in Newfoundland...need advice

WOODBRIDGE
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
12 Days in Newfoundland...need advice

We are at the final stage of our trip planning and would appreciate any input

Day 1 Arrive St.John's airport 11 am pick up ( already arranged for) a rental car and drive all day to Deer Lake for a night rest. (Any suggestions about this long drive...places to stop for a typical NF food...how about the gas stations are they readily available?)

Day 2 Early wake up and to Gros Morne ,Rocky Harbor B&B start exploring GM before noon

Day 3 GM

Day 4 GM

Day 5 Early get up and driving slowly towards L'Anse making stops to enjoy coastal villages.Staying at Cape Onion Tickle Inn.for 3 nights

Day 6,7...exploring L'Anse.,ST.Anthony...hoping to see icebergs and marine life.

Day 8...long drive to Bonavista....all day

Day 9 Bonavista,Trinity Sherwink Trail....late night arrival in Placentia

Day 10 Cape St.Mary's, St.Shotts ..to Witless Bay

Day 11 Witless Bay late evening St.John's

day 12 St.John's and vicinity...evening flight back home.

We would greatly appreciate any practical advice and tips.

Toronto
Level Contributor
34 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 12 Days in Newfoundland...need advice

I went roughly those dates 2 years ago. Great, great trip. You have a LOT of driving. I was there 10 days and I put on 3500km on the car (yay unlimited kms). I started in St. John's, did the Irish Loop, did the Baccilieu trail (days 1-3). Then I started west. Stopped in Grand Falls-Windsor for a night. Popped up to Twillingate on the way to Corner Brook. Twillingate is not exactly on the way to Deer Lake but it is TOTALLY worth it. Plus you should be seeing some incredible ice bergs. I headed to Cornerbrook the next day. Gros Morne is amazing. Make sure you do the Western Brook Pond boat tour. The Fjords are incredible - no matter what the weather is - but double check their schedule for times because it's a 3km hike in from the parking lot (a really nice walk).

Cape St. Mary's is simply breathtaking. The birds, the cliffs, the water. Incredible.

Witless Bay and the surrounding area is gorgeous too. Take a boat tour to get out and see the Puffins.

When you are in St. John's make sure you go to Ches's Fish and Chips. You'll never have better.

have a blast!

12. Re: 12 Days in Newfoundland...need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, December 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Gros Morne National...