We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corner Brook to Gros Morne National Park

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
55 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Corner Brook to Gros Morne National Park

We are going to be in Corner Brook off a cruise. Our ship lands at 8:00 and leaves at 5:00 so we have to be back at 4:15 at the latest.

I would love to drive to Gros Morne National Park. Does it make any sense or am I going to spend most of my day driving and see nothing.

DON

Norris Point, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Corner Brook to Gros Morne National Park

Driving time from Corner Brook to Rocky Harbour or Norris Point or Woody Point is 1 hr. 1/2 to 1 hr. 3/4

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
1,110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corner Brook to Gros Morne National Park

3-4 hour drive for 3-4 hours in the park, not sure. In my opinion it helps to get out on the trails to see GM (the beauty is on the hikes) or do the Western Brook Tour (which with your times I do not think is posssible). If it is not likely you'll be back the area may be worth a look but for a longer one would be better.

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Corner Brook to Gros Morne National Park

Yes, I think it would be worth it. 3-4 hrs in GM beats 6-8 hrs in Corner Brook any day.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corner Brook to Gros Morne National Park

You definitely have time for the southern part of the park (Tableland and the Discovery Center) near Woody Point. A lot of people on cruise ships do that.

5. Re: Corner Brook to Gros Morne National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:32 am, January 13, 2011