We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newfoundland 1st week of Oct

ontario
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Newfoundland 1st week of Oct

My husband and I are thinking about going to Newfoundland for a week Oct 1st but concerned will be too cold and wet. Any ideas out there re this? We don't have any particular destination inm mind yet-would fly to St John's

Mentioned in this post
Newfoundland
Newfoundland
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
St. John's
St. John's
Newfoundland, Canada
England
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Newfoundland 1st week of Oct

There is a stunning resort called Humber Valley, and any time of year will be just gorgeous! Its a golfing resort, but offers loads of activities and is a great base for exploring the surrounding area.

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newfoundland 1st week of Oct

The weather here is just as unpredictable as anywhere else. Sometimes its a beautiful October with fall weather, but you have to account for some rain. If you plan on staying on the east coast, then you definately better plan on rain and fog. But all in all, October is pretty nice here, just travel to different areas to see all the beauty.

edmonton
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Newfoundland 1st week of Oct

The weather can be cold and wet any where anytime so it could be hit and miss dont worry about the weather and just go and have a great time.If your going into gros morne or want a good location and a beutiful area would be in Cow head, close to western brook and numerious trails. My sugestion would be the sea breeze B&B from what I have heard is staying open all year

Mentioned in this post
Cow Head
Cow Head
Gros Morne National Park, Canada
4. Re: Newfoundland 1st week of Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, October 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Gros Morne National...