We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Milan to Foxtown first week of May'15

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day trip from Milan to Foxtown first week of May'15

Dear All,

I understand Mendrisio S. Martino train station is a 5-10mins walk to Foxtown outlets.

I've been trying to access http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html and trying to find out the price for the ticket from Milan to Mendrisio S. Martino train station but to no avail as it was either the date I want to travel is more than 120 days or went to the German page and does not allow me to click on english link.

FYI, I'm planning to visit on either the 4th or 5th May.

Can anybody let me know if I need to purchase the tickets online in advance for this route or purchasing it at the station on the day of travel itself is fine?

Also what is the price &/or difference between single or return trip?

3 replies to this topic
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,333 posts
656 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Milan to Foxtown first week of May'15

The station is right. Actually on ww.sbb.ch/en you can enter an address in Switzerland (in your case, Via Angelo Maspoli 18, 6850 Mendrisio) and it will even give you the walking distance. Now regarding the ticket, it seems http://www.trenitalia.com, the Italian counterpart, doesn't work properly. That said, for a 1 hour regional trip, I would expect you could just buy your ticket on the d-day.

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Milan to Foxtown first week of May'15

is it cheaper to go there on trenitalia?

Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Milan to Foxtown first week of May'15

If you are taking regional trains (RE, S10) you do not need to buy tickets in advance. They are operated by Tilo, a SBB - Trenord joint venture. You can just buy tickets for them at ticket vending machines at the station. Should be about 10 euro one way.

Reply to: Day trip from Milan to Foxtown first week of May'15
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mendrisio