We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amesspat@yahoo.co.uk

Newcastle, United...
1 post
amesspat@yahoo.co.uk

please could you tell me does the H Top Bus in Spain.

Runs during the month of October.

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: amesspat@yahoo.co.uk

It's a summer service, so maybe not:

www.htophotels.com/index.php…

Someone's comments on the quality of the service:

I have just returned from Amaika and I used this service once to get to Santa Susanna, this was on the 10th August. I can't say I was happy with the service.

You have to book at least a day before.

The hotel told me that the bus stops just outside the hotel on the main road, on the taxi rank. And you have to be 15mins earlier (what for???).

We have been there good 20 mins and we say the bus going across the other main road, about 200 yards away from us and not turning into our street. Completely ignored us and went past. Too far to run after it.

I went and complained to the hotel and they just said "Sorry, it should have stopped" and kept saying "sorry, I don't know". When I asked how am I going to get to Santa Susanna (where I had lunch booked in Royal Sun) they said I can take the train. On my question of refund of the tickets (2 Euro x4 people) they said No.

Anyway, we got to Santa Susanna by train - from Amaika this is a good 10 min walk to the station and train runs every half an hour, so I wasn't pleased.

On the return we asked where the bus stops, and they told us on the main road, nobody (3 people in 2 different hotels) could not tell us exactly at which spot it stops, just saying "outside Alhambra hotel", however, just outside there is no place for the coach to stop. Anyway, we ended up standing there for half an hour until it arrived and we had a chance to run to it.

So yes, there is a service, I think it runs twice a day, but you can't rely on it.

The first one was about 8:30 or so, and then the return is about 13:30, when you book the 11:30, the return was about 19:00 (from, Santa Susanna, I don't know the other resorts' times)

AND THE LOCAL BUS SERVICE:

…angloinfo.com/information/…

Manchester
Level Contributor
401 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: amesspat@yahoo.co.uk

I thought it was a free service? I did see the bus stop outside the Amaika but it looked like small minibus.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: amesspat@yahoo.co.uk

used this in may no problem and yes it was a minibus and not the double decker they used last year

4. Re: amesspat@yahoo.co.uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 16, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Calella
Recent Conversations