We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

calella to barcelona and then onto the FC Barcelona club

Which Calella hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
calella to barcelona and then onto the FC Barcelona club

we are 2 OAP's visiting Calella in June. We want to go to Barcelona, have a look round and do a tour around FC Barceona. What is the best way to do this?

Many Thanks

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: calella to barcelona and then onto the FC Barcelona club

For ease the best way would be a coach trip that collects you/drops you off at your hotel - several local agencies offer trips with free time in Barcelona centre and a tour of the Football Ground included.

The cheapest way would be to go by train (services every 20 minutes from Calella with a 65 minute journey time into the centre of Barcelona) then get a taxi to the Football ground; tour tickets can be booked in advance online from many companies including fcbarcelona.com/camp-nou/camp-nou-experience

Edited: 10:39 am, March 17, 2013
Birkenhead
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: calella to barcelona and then onto the FC Barcelona club

The other way to do it is to get the train to Plaza De Catalunya which is the central square in the city and jump on one of the open top tourist buses. The red route goes to the Nou Camp if I remember likely. These buses are hop on hop off at most of the major sights around the city. You can get off at any of them, spend as much time as you like looking around and then simply get the next bus. There is full commentary in English via the provided headphones so you don`t miss anything. Great way to see the place in my opinion.

Heres a link to help you …barcelonaturisme.com/Barcelona-Bus-Turistic…

Birkenhead
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: calella to barcelona and then onto the FC Barcelona club

Just a footnote to my previous post. Last year when I was in Calella (in both June and September) there was a special deal available at the train station allowing people to buy a return to Barcelona plus the Tourist Bus for just the cost of the bus therefore getting the train journey for free. Great value for money in my opinion. However I don`t know if this has been extended for this summer.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: calella to barcelona and then onto the FC Barcelona club

many thanks for this information,it is a great help

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: calella to barcelona and then onto the FC Barcelona club

Always like a bargin!! thank you

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: calella to barcelona and then onto the FC Barcelona club

train to barcelona saints then taxi to camp nou not to far if you can walk ok 1klm.

Edited: 12:15 pm, April 20, 2013
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: calella to barcelona and then onto the FC Barcelona club

Thank you for this information.

There are a few options available, which is great.

8. Re: calella to barcelona and then onto the FC Barcelona club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Calella