We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

s/c in corralejo

nottingham
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
s/c in corralejo

Hi everyone;

looking for some information please.

A few years ago we went as a family to Greece and went self catering it turned out to be a big mistake there was no way Bear Grylls could have cooked on the equipment provided let alone cater for 2 teenage kids. what we would like to know is what are the self catering facilities like in Corralejo? we would only be cooking minimally as mostly dining out so if anyone could give us an insight to how generally Fuertaventura compares self catering wise it would be a big help. Thank you in advance.

Marknmags

Leeds
Level Contributor
650 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: s/c in corralejo

If you go for a private villa or apt then generally you will get a four ring stove with oven plus microwave and a fridge freezer.A full set of pots and pans, in fact all you need to look after your needs. Sometimes a washing machine and dishwasher. There are plenty of good supermarkets at very reasonable prices. If you book with one of the travel companies the facilities will be more basic. Hope this helps

nottingham
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: s/c in corralejo

thank you peterdrake the apartment we stayed in in Greece was supposed to be self catering but it was impossible to even boil water in a pan to make a coffee. just concerned that if we booked self catering again it would be the same spending out money to eat out every meal time.

thanks for your reply.

Marknmags

Rustington, West...
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: s/c in corralejo

Oasis Papagayo would be perfect for your family. Has village and villas have a look on TripAdvisor, nice and cheap, offer Hb fb all inclusive.

Close to the water park and dunes but a long stroll to and from the tiwn centre.

Edited: 3:11 am, June 25, 2014
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: s/c in corralejo

Didnt use them personally (only the kettle to make coffee), kitchen facilities in Oasis Papagayo quite good.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: s/c in corralejo

Oasis Duna, where I stayed a few nights last week, isn't expensive but I had a kettle, coffee jug with filter (or teapot if you prefer), toaster, microwave, 2-ring burner that was amazingly controllable and fast (think it was halogen), sink, fridge with freezer area (though no door on the freezer bit so pretty frosted up). There was adequate cutlery and crockery for 4, plus frying pan, couple of saucepans, chopping board, at least 2 bottle openers, corkscrew... Only things I found a problem were no proper cooking knife - only a bread knife that wouldn't cut straight - and no scissors to open packaging.

You can get every conceivable thing in town though, from a juice to a full English breakfast, then lunch, and about 50 restaurants. Takeaways will deliver to your hotel/apartment/villa. It's a perfect place for S/C and I'd recommend it every time. No way do you need to be tied to the kitchen sink - it just gives so much flexibility.

We live here so we have a great kitchen, and yet we find it just as convenient to eat out as stay in. Not much more expensive sometimes, either!

nottingham
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: s/c in corralejo

thank you to everyone who has replied to our original post. we have had a bad experience of self catering but as this year it's just hubby and I we are seriously considering self catering. whilst not expecting to cook often, mainly just light snacks and hot drinks, our experience of greek self catering has really scared us off the thought. thank you for your replies and we are looking at S/c as a viable option.

Camborne, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: s/c in corralejo

Take a look at this one most guests just travel with hand luggage ! tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g5803…

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: s/c in corralejo

I would agree with all the posts above, we love Greece & just returned from Zante but would not consider S/C there, due to a number of things, plus lunch at our hotel in Zante is superb & excellent value.

We sometimes like lunch in the apartment in Corallejo but always eat out at night.

I always take some M&S No 7 Cornish cruncher, very strong cheddar, frozen,pop in the fridge when you get there, then all the supermarkets on the strip sell lovely french? / spanish baguettes. Fabulous flavour unlike the Greek yellow sweet bread. (Our opinion)

Then buy an onion, apple & they do a fabulous alioli (garlic dip) beautiful tomatoes & fruit. Perfect! We usually ask Waikiki beach to fill a tub of alioli but obviously depends what you like eating though. Also love lunch at Waikiki, champagne sangria & toastie!

We have never cooked in the evening as so many lovely restaurants in Corallejo, we find it quite reasonable.

The supermarkets are superb with everything you could possibly need (apart from my very strong cheddar)

Not sure where you were staying, but astounded about boiling water in a pan, never heard of that & we stay mainly in 3* in Zante / Santorini, where there is a minimum kettle, toaster, 2 ring hob & fridge with freezer bit. Corallejo have at least that in the apartments, hubby takes his swiss army knife to cover all the bottle / wine opening we need where not provided, plus always take a sharp knife, as knives there normally don't cut...

Only speaking from experience..

Enjoy!

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
5,480 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: s/c in corralejo

Hi marknmags-never had any problems s/c in Greece nor Fuerte. Returned last night from 2 weeks in Corralejo. The apts we stayed at were fine (as they always are). This time we had kettle/toaster/microwave & 2 ring hob. Absolutely fine for us as we do very little cooking in apartment as far too many decent eateries in resort which cater for all tastes. This time we stayed at Alisios Playa which were absolutely fine & recommend them totally.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: s/c in corralejo

What I probably meant to say is that we ALWAYS book S/C apartments /hotels in Corallejo & Greece but never actually cook there!

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations