We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back home from Corralejo

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,767 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Back home from Corralejo

Thought I'd do a wee trip report on Corralejo seeing as it was our first proper visit there.

Firstly, we managed to get a great deal through Alpharooms for Hotel Oasis Village on all-inclusive and booked flights through Ryanair's website. It was exceptionally good value for the price we paid. The hotel was also in a decent location, around a 10-15 min walk to the Main street and there were plenty bars with live music on. We went to quite a few that I was told about here on tripadvisor so thanks to all who replied with some names for us. Flintstones, Corner Rock, Rock Café were great, Robin's Nest also. (A special mention for Robins Nest though, it was a warm and friendly place where we felt comfortable and relaxed and enjoyed a chat with staff and other customers) We ate out one afternoon at Waikiki and found the food and prices good value. We had been to Waikiki once before on a day trip over from Lanzarote so we knew it was value for money beforehand. Other bars we went to at night were McCarthy's, the Sports bar just across from it, Ali's Tavern in the old town close by the square with music on at night and Flicks, who have an agreement with the Oasis Village for guests to enjoy a free cocktail and all drinks half price 'til 10pm. We never did find Rosie O'Gradys.

We did sunbathe on the beach close to Waikiki one afternoon and it was pretty windy but the parasols were laid on their side blocking out a lot of the wind. It was 4:50e per sunbed. We took a day trip down to Oasis Park on Monday and enjoyed the day out.

Overall, we enjoyed Corralejo. We didn't know if it would suit us having previously enjoyed trips to Tenerife, Gran Canaria and Lanzarote and the impression we had of the island is that it's quieter than the other Canaries and more for surfers and watersports enthusiasts but no, we did like it and probably would make a return again, even more so if we could get a terrific deal on the Oasis Village hotel again. Thanks to all who helped us first-timers with various questions and queries, it helped us enormously to get a sense of what to expect.

Jambonian.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back home from Corralejo

Hi Jambonian,

Pleased to hear you enjoyed your first full visit to Corralejo, and managed to find some of the live music. Rosie O'Grady's suffers badly from being a bit difficult to find, I'm afraid. They are a bit away from the other bars. For next time, and for others:

Follow the strip down to the Shell garage and stay on it as it turns left and goes uphill (Calle Lepanto). You need one of the side streets to the right, called Calle Pizarro. There are a lot of side streets there, all one way, and I think it's the second (maybe third) one you can turn down in a car. Rosie O'Grady's isn't far down, on the right, but I don't think their sign is visible from the main road.

I think the rest of the island IS rather quiet, by the way. It's just Corralejo that combines surfing in all its forms (there's a big surfing community in the town) with a bit of life, and particularly live music, in the evenings - not the 18-30 Club's 'dance till you drop' scene, but quite lively until midnight at any rate.

Sorry you didn't get better weather. It can be a lot better at this time of the year, but it's always very changeable during the 'winter'. I daresay it was better than you'd have got at home, though.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,269 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back home from Corralejo

Hi jambonian-glad you enjoyed Corralejo & some of it's bars. You're right about Robin's Next,it is a nice chilled bar to have a few beers-we always make a point of calling in for a chat before moving on. Shame you failed to locate Rosie's-perhaps you should have checked location in the daytime for ease. Sheila is right with directions along the main drag etc.We always remember the palm tree at the junction & it's easy to find. Also there's a short cut from Finnigans but until you find it,you can get disorientated. Hope you get a good deal again. Cheers!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,767 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back home from Corralejo

Yes, it was a pity we didn't find it but never mind, there's always another time. We actually took a walk all around Corralejo (or most of it) on the Saturday morning. Better than sitting about in the hotel with that stormy weather and, through wandering around, found a lot of the places which we may not've had it been hot, sunbathing weather. Yes, I enjoyed Fuerteventura, lots of nice people around which always makes a holiday better. Thanks again for the responses, it was much appreciated.

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,639 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back home from Corralejo

Glad you enjoyed Corralejo. We too once got a good deal @ Oasis Village. Glad you got around the resort instead of just staying in the All Inclusive. Hope you said hello to Dave @ The Corner House Sports bar.

5. Re: Back home from Corralejo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo