We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather averages very different to the weather reports here

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
468 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Weather averages very different to the weather reports here

Every weather site I check says the temperature the past couple of weeks has been on average 16-18C during the day and 14-15C at nighttime, we arrive in Corralejo next Friday(25th Jan)& I've been checking the temperature everyday(obsessively actually!), usually around 18C but when I look at the weather updates on here from people who are just back or who live in Fuerteventura, they say it's been 23-24C everyday, and some days even higher, that's quite a big difference to 18C! Anyone know why the weather sites averages are always much lower than the actual temp? & also if it will be possible to sunbathe and get a tan at the beach/pool, or too cold? Also if anyone has stayed at the Maxorata Beach Apartments would be nice to hear some feedback, the most recent review doesn't give much away & it's the first one in months!

scotland
Level Contributor
13,061 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather averages very different to the weather reports here

Dont look at a random search weather report for a start ,you will get 5 different reports from 5 different sites.

Today in Caleta (1 hr away) More cloud than sun at the moment. 22 degrees.

Edited: 8:56 am, January 15, 2013
Glasgow
Level Contributor
468 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather averages very different to the weather reports here

Thanks, I'm assuming it won't be much different in Corralejo, 22C is better than 2C which it is here at the moment! As long as it's in the 20's we will be happy, 16-18C was a bit disappointing!

scotland
Level Contributor
13,061 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather averages very different to the weather reports here

Corralejo weather

aemet.es/en/…oliva-la-id35014

Yes much better than 2C

Edited: 9:22 am, January 15, 2013
scotland
Level Contributor
13,061 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather averages very different to the weather reports here

Just to confuse you even more www.fuerteventura.com/weather/index.asp

Glasgow
Level Contributor
468 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather averages very different to the weather reports here

That's great, thank you! Hopefully the rain gets out the way for us arriving on the 25th!

Aguadulce, Spain
Destination Expert
for Almeria, Province of Almeria, Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
987 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather averages very different to the weather reports here

The weather sites get thier info from official weather stations around the world. They are often at Airports or on top of tall buildings or other places that are more exposed to the wind etc. Usualy they are somewhat different to street or beach level and dont reflect what the holidaymakers experience actualy is.

Exactly the same where I am in Almeria Costa. The web will say 15-18c but I have had 22-28c for the last few months and confirm it by readings on my terrace, from my car and from clock/temp street signs. The only use these weather web sites have to me is for possible rain approaching.

The guys who post regular weather reports on TA are much more acurate for our purposes.

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
6,131 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather averages very different to the weather reports here

The day time temperatures on Fuerteventura are always in the 20's in the shade, and several degrees hotter in the direct sun.

Temperatures can drop to around 13 at night in the winter, and sometimes around 10 degrees inland.

8. Re: Weather averages very different to the weather reports here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo