We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Blue Sea Gran Playa

Sunderland, Tyne...
Level Contributor
192 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Blue Sea Gran Playa

Is this hotel any good? The last review i can find on TA is August 2007 and wonder if anyone who has stayed recently could give me some up to date info. Thanks.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,610 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Blue Sea Gran Playa

From this link it looks like the hotel is listed on TA jus as the hotel Gran Playa.

Recent reviews don't look too good.

travelmatch.co.uk/holidays/…review

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Blue Sea Gran Playa

I was thinking of going there , having read the reviews which is under Gran Playa I will definately not go... It sounds absolutely awful.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Blue Sea Gran Playa

Reviews for Blue Sea Gran Playa, is under just Gran Playa, I was thinking of going, after reading the reviews , I will definately not go , there is not one good review, so it must be awful........

Mentioned in this post
Blue Sea Gran Playa
Blue Sea Gran Playa
895 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Blue Sea Gran Playa

Never read what people say and believe after over 30 years of traveling some times 5/6 times a year we have never gone wrong of course there is bits and bobs what do you all want the Ritz

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Blue Sea Gran Playa

I have just come back from there I thought it was basic but nice ! Lots of people compare it to 5 star it's not that! But is pleasant my apparent was clean and I was happy I am a fussy person and travel alot I have stayed in worse, don't be put off it's basic accommodation.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Blue Sea Gran Playa

I have just come back from there I thought it was basic but nice ! Lots of people compare it to 5 star it's not that! But is pleasant my apparent was clean and I was happy I am a fussy person and travel alot I have stayed in worse, don't be put off it's basic accommodation.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Blue Sea Gran Playa

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Blue Sea Gran Playa

I just spent a week at Hotel Blue Sea Gan Playa and it was the worst hotel I have every stayed in. Dont be fooled by the swimming pool as they dont tell you the following details on the internet;

1. You have to pay a 10 euro deposit when you get there as the day you leave your all inclusive runs out at 12pm and you have to pay for food and drinks, etc.

2. You dont get a TV in your room unless you pay 15 euros a week for it.

3. If you want the fridge and cooker for the week you have to pay 27 euros for the week.

4. There was no entertainment, our highlight for the night was bingo everyday at 9pm.

5. The food was disgusting, we had to eat out every night as they did not provide any kids food or veterian food (everything had meat init).

6. If you get a family room of 4, you get 1 room with 2 beds and they use the sofas for the other two beds.

7. The cleaners came every couple of days to swipe the room, they did'nt even change our covers for the whole week.

8. Our room door lock and window was broken, my mum complained on the first night and they didn't do anything about it until the saturday when we was leaving.

Me and my family did not enjoy our stay in this hotel at all, the only highlight we had was that the beach was a couple of minutes away as there wasn't much things to do there.

I just wanted to let everyone know if they were thinking on going to this hotel, as all the people we spoke to in the hotel said that they were going to complain once they came back as the description of the hotel is total different once you get there.

hull
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Blue Sea Gran Playa

We got back from the Coma Gran the neighbouring hotel three days ago. I know you should not judge a book by it's cover but from the outside the Gran Playa looks awful. I am a great believer in doing my tripadvisor homework before I book anywhere, if you take the review results as an average you will not go far wrong. The Coma Gran by the way is top class and we were lucky enough to get a good package deal with Thomson cheaply.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Blue Sea Gran Playa

Leann -

While I can't comment on your accommodation, the beach at Sa Coma offers a lot of activities: boat trips, parasailing, banana boats, boat rentals, paddle boats, horse riding etc... etc.. And it's a decent, groomed beach surrounded by bars and restaurants.

Admittedly, there are a few remaining hotels which are lax about the quality of their offerings and serving their guests - but these days, this is the exception, and if this is truly their consistent behaviour, they will soon be out of business.

The level of services offered in that area of Sa Coma and Cala Millor/cala Bona are getting better all the time. Most hotels in the area are very highly rated, and even the Tripadvisor reviews are consistently good.

I am deeply sorry you didn't enjoy your holiday. It's a big expense and you expect not to have these irritations - however, the best revenge is never to book that establishment again.

Try others - Cristina Apartments in Cala Millor always gets great reviews, and it's not expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Sa Coma
Sa Coma
Majorca, Spain
Cala Millor
Cala Millor
Majorca, Spain
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain